Tuesday 13 October 2009

Rant 447 / If You Force Sex Upon A Whore, Is It Rape Or Shoplifting?

The Nobel Prize has to be helping Obama just when he needs it. The war in the Middle East isn't doing so well, the economy of his country is still barely recovering (if at all) and he is trying to make a radical change to his country's very old and established healthcare system. With his popularity dipping continuously, the Prize came at a an excellent time.

This would make much sense if the reason behind the prize isn't about his present achievements, but his future ones. Somehow it just looks more like it was awarded for a political reason.












MJ's latest single is in fact not the latest. It was really recorded 18 years ago, probably a rejected song.

This is sad, very sad. MJ's reputation was not good to start with before he passed away, and those guys making money off him just won't let that slide end. They had to dig up some old crap and sell it as a new product. To make matters worse, this ugly fact just went public.

He's dead, let him rest in peace.












I am excited about the restocking of the Lockerz goodies. It will be happening on the 15th this month, restocking several times from 6pm that day to 1pm on the next, in EDT. EDT is 12 hours behind my timezone at GMT+8, so 6pm EDT on the 15th is 6am on the 16th for me.

That means I can begin to redeem at 6am on Friday.

I'm pretty convinced it isn't a scam, since their FB page has over 35,000 fans and there are many people on the web who claim to have received something. Also, SG is one of the countries they have confirmed that they can mail to. =D

Anyway, they have new stuff for the event this month in addition to what they offered last month.

Vespa 7,500
GCH Lockerz VIP Package 5,000
Flat Screen TV 3,000
MacBook Air, 13-inch, Aluminum 2,500
MacBook Pro 13" 1,500
MacBook 13-inch 1,000
Burton Snowboards 850
New iPod Touch 64GB 800
HP Mini 110-1025DX 800
Dell Inspiron Mini 10 inch Computer 750
New iPod Touch 32GB 700
PSP Go 675
Game Systems (Xbox 360 Elite) 675
Game Systems (PS3 Game System Slim 120GB) 625
iPod Touch 32GB 600
Cameras 500
Apple TV 500
Time Capsule 500
Marc Jacobs Handbags 500
“Surprise Cool Gift” 500
Write A "Daily" Question 500 500
Beatles Rockband LTD 450
Apple Active Pack 450
New ipod Nano 16GB 425
Ripsticks 375
Beatles Rockband Value 375
DSI Game System 375
T3 Bespoke Labs Hair Dryer 350
Smart Parts Guns 325 - 450
Sunglasses 335
iHome Docking Station 325
iPod Touch 8GB 325
Portable DVD 300
Farouk Chi Ceramic Flat Flat Irons 300
ipod Nano 8GB 300
Ruffian Scarves 300
iTunes Gift Card- Silhouette 250
X Box Microsoft Gift Cards 250
Wii Fitness with Board 250
Wii Fit 250
Wii - Sports Game Included 250
Razer eXactMat- Duo Precision Gaming Surface 150
Mobile Me 225
PSP Rock Band Bundle 200
Ratchet & Clank Bundle 200
Flip Video 200
iPod 4BG Shuffle 200
iPod Dock + Karaoke System 200
G Shock Watches 200
Amazon Gift Cards 125-500
SkullCandy Headphones 125-175
iPod 1 GB Shuffle 150
Hi-Lo Combination Converter/Transformer Kit 150
Orange Amps 125
Fredrick Fekkai Hair Products 85
Bare Minerals Make Up 85
House of Harlow Jewelry 85
Ruffian Books 85
Nail Polish Sets 75
Alex and Ani Jewelry 75
Gym Class Heroes Lockerz Tickets 75
Baggu Bags 50
Dylan's Candy Assorted Items 50
USB Ports 40
iPhone Skins 35
Lockerz Wall Paper 15

The number on the right is the number of points (PTZ) required. Didn't copy the games.

I can probably scrape up about 250 PTZ by then, so the best thing I can get is... a Wii console. The Wii Fit is a game, while Wii Fitness with Board is the set of equipment you use with Wii Fit. Not sure if I want a Wii though.

I can also get an iPod 4GB Shuffle instead, which is just about as useless to me. Maybe I'll ask my bro and see if he wants anything.

...
...
...

I'll continue to accumulate the points. Too bad they don't offer interest rates for saving PTZ.












I think I've added too much Worcestershire sauce in the jerky marinate. Now the whole flat is filled with its smell while I'm baking it at about 60-70 degrees Celsius. Not that it's unpleasant, but the jerky's future isn't looking too bright.

I'm now considering marinating my next batch in just Tabasco and salt and some soy sauce. It's probably possible if I just use salt, but adding something else would help with the flavour. For now, I'll just wait for the current batch to finish drying in the oven.












Prudential is offering a rather interesting plan, a 5-year single premium as they call it. The name is PRUinvestor Guaranteed Plus, which is thus named because it guarantees a 100% capital return and a compound interest of 2.5% per annum after 5 years.

The minimum is a 5k SGD investment (premium) and, to simplify the interest rates for the less mathematically-inclined (not sure if I'm phrasing this right), for every S$10,000 I invest I get S$11,314 after 5 years.

Not too bad really. In fact it is really good, compared to the fixed deposits at Hong Leong Finance which are currently at 0.8% p.a. (for 3 years only, less time = lower %) for up for S$50,000.

I'm hooked. Got to sign up before the offer ends in 2 weeks' time.












The courier came to deliver my books from OpenTrolley a few hours ago, but my door was closed so I couldn't hear him screaming "POSTMAN!!!" at the gate. My doorbell is broken and my family has never fixed it so that we can ignore salesmen, fake monks and evangelists more conveniently and politely. Anyone who visits us whom we don't mind seeing are usually provided with our phone numbers.

Well, not that I answer my calls, since I leave my handphone in silent mode 24/7 and I can't sense the vibration most of the time, for one reason or another. You wouldn't believe how many missed calls I have in my phone's list, all of which I ignore. I know my action (or the lack of it, rather) is going to harm me someday, but for now I don't care. If it's actually urgent, they would call me repeatedly anyway.

The postman left the Delivery Advice (that's what it says at the top of the card) at my door saying he was here at 4pm. Unfortunately this means I have to rearrange a redelivery after one whole working day. At least this means I will get my books by Saturday, if I contact them tomorrow.











Another potential meme, called the Bachelor Frog. Basically you type above and below the frog's head what a bachelor does. This first pic, I can relate to.


This second pic, I can't relate to but it's too funny not to upload it here.













After 6 hours of drying in the oven, the jerky is finally ready. I was right, I added too much Worcestershire sauce. Partial success is the best I can call it. Next time, I'll just use salt and pepper.

The thinner strips are already brittle but the thicker ones are perfectly dried except for those small bits of fats that are still a little wet. =(

It's actually quite easy, except for the grill that I had to make out of aluminium foil and satay sticks so that I don't have to dirty the metal grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment