Friday 16 October 2009

Rant 450 / Foiled... AGAIN!

Alright, my books are here and my beef is sliced and marinating. Now waiting for 7pm for Lockerz. I'm surprised about the thickness of The Prince by Machiavelli. Its half a centimetre thick and costs about S$24. Damn, I expect some real quality from it.

First books I'm reading is the Rama series, which revolves around an empty alien spaceship spotted near Earth. As astronauts explore the gigantic spaceship, well, that's what the story is about. So I gather from the reviews I've read.

By the way these kiwi berries are delicious. They're mini-kiwi fruits that have recently appeared in a fruit store in my neighbourhood. Expensive though, S$10 for 3 boxes of 125g each.












Missed the 7pm Lockerz event because of other matters. Arrived almost 3 hours late. Now I've got to wait till 1am for the final announced restock. After that, there will still be more items but they haven't announced when they will put them up.












It's 1.27am and I've got nothing from Lockerz. I did everything right - log in at 12.50, go to the redeem page of the Black iPod Shuffle 4GB even though it was not restocked yet, closed all other programmes that may consume my bandwidth.

But I made a mistake I was not aware of - I should have used IE instead of Firefox. There is something wrong with Firefox and certain applications at Lockerz that causes some things to not appear. If I open the same page on IE, there was no problem.

I had thought it only happens with the PTZ-catching game for newcomers, but I was wrong because it also happens with the page where I think I'm supposed to enter my address. I got to that page TWICE, but got a blank page both times.By the time I used IE, it was 1.12am, 12 minutes past the start. Everything was still displayed as available, but when I tried to redeem all the iPod Shuffles of different colour, all the non-pink headphones and even the Wii (which was supposedly finished within a minute) in separate tabs, every single one was out of stock.

I COULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT IPOD!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I was so close to getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I'm most likely not going to get anything for the rest of the month, I'll have to go on accumulating PTZ and try again next month.

Yet another great example of how shit happens whether or not you expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment