Sunday 31 May 2009

Rant 362 / Sleep Demons


If I ever get divorced, I want to end it with something similar to this letter...




CSI Miami Season 6 ended with Horatio dying. Obviously he will be miraculously revived in the next season, just like Eric's "death" in the previous season. Unlike the original series, CSI: Miami without Horatio is like dehydrated water - the whole show is all about him!

Since it will be a while before Season 7 is out, I've move on to CSI: New York.

CSI:NY is a much gloomier version of the franchise. It has a more dramatic sort of feel, more serious. CSI: Miami's episodes were more like thrillers, Hollywood-style but with a budget. CSI:Las Vegas, the original, feels like a detective show the most.

The one thing that really stands out in CSI: NY is the setting. I haven't been to New York, so I really noticed how old the architecture is. CSI: Las Vegas is always set in the night to take advantage of the glamour and neon lights of the city, while CSI:Miami is always about the beautiful beaches (including the bikini-clad ladies) and the wealthy. CSI: NY, on the other hand, is much darker. No bright lights and no colour except the brown, grey and black.






Tried Eco Tycoon: Project Green. It's crap made up of environmental propaganda. Gameplay-wise, it's crap. Content-wise, it's crap. All it does is introduce to people green ideas and making them sound like some sort of panacea for all our problems.

As a simulation game, one major feature that it really lacks is depth. Space for building stuff is limited, so within 2 turns all the spaces would be filled. After that it's all about replacing the old with the new. Research is incredibly easy because money is easy to get. I played as Australasia, and all I did was go as radically green as the game allowed - impose every single possible green law while increasing taxes to fund them, building multiple recycling plants (to get rid of trash) and only 1 industrial plant (for money). Miraculously, a single industrial plant and tax revenues will be way more than enough for an entire continent to develop and grow. And the people love me almost to the point of worship (it had a gauge for Popularity).

During the World Summits, I would always make all world leaders promise to reduce their CO2 level by 20%. It was not a problem for me because I'd built so many organic farms and artificial trees that I didn't produce CO2 at all. And I still had excess money that I didn't know what to do with.

At first, I thought that I could play so long that Earth's atmosphere would be nothing but nitrogen and oxygen, so freakishly green that people would have to wear gas masks to reduce the amount of oxygen they breathe in. I'd really laugh if they would also teach the players that too much oxygen would make everything dangerously flammable. Imagine a world where people hide indoors on sunny days. LOL!

Anyway I was amazed by the radical view of the game and deleted it because it was less of a game and more of an educational programme.









Someone just made a Flash parody of the death of Exodus Tyson, the four-year-old daughter of Mike Tyson. This is exactly what made Newgrounds famous in the first place, the sadistic cruelty of meaningless violence! I really wonder why many members are flaming this movie, because Newgrounds is just being Newgrounds. They must be in the wrong website.

No comments:

Post a Comment