Friday 15 May 2009

Rant 352 / Noobs! Google All Links Before You Click On Them!

An organized group of hackers successfully pulled off a major phishing attack on millions of Facebook users yesterday (Thursday). In this operation, hackers used already compromised FB accounts (and there are many, which I have already mentioned some time back) to send emails to their friends that tell them to go to certain websites. These fake websites look just like the FB home page, and gullible users typed in their emails and passwords, unwittingly giving the hackers full access to their accounts.

The FB security team believes that these accounts will be used in the future to advertise the latest state-of-the-art penis enlargement technologies.

So don't panic if your girlfriend sends you messages about fusion-powered penis pumps. It's not you, it's her. Her hacked account, that is.

You can't blame them for being gullible in this case. Seriously, good phishing websites look as legit as real websites, except for the URLs. Hackers today are just that good.

So if you have clicked on any links recently in Facebook, you may want to change the passwords of both your FB and related email accounts. Unless you want to be some kind of virtual pharmaceutical products billboard.







Now that I've hit lv37 for both my classes in Runes of Magic, I find that I've almost run out of quests to do, excluding the daily repeatable quests (up to 10 per day). I'm already doing only the daily quest with the best experience reward, which is to kill some spiders in a far corner of the zone, but it's only giving me about 16k exp total daily, and I need around 43k to hit lv38 for each class. I estimate that if I survive on dailies alone I will need 3 days of dailies to raise each class a level. I've already completed 1 set; 5 sets more to go.

There are some other quests, but there is only one that can be done solo. Finding a group is actually somewhat hard because of the time I play. The best time to find groups is actually in the early morning in my timezone, or late afternoon on the side of the globe. Which is quite hard since I wake up only at 7 earliest, and I prefer to do monotonous quests like the dailies when I'm merely semi-conscious.

Though I don't have any new skills to look forward to in my next level for both classes (no new skill for lv38 Priest, Combo Throw for Rogue which is useless), I get to go to the next zone for the lv40s. Of course, it would be hard. I've scouted a part of the area and most of the monsters near the entrance from Ystra (there is another entrance from Sascillia) are between lv39-41. I take a long time to kill mobs 3 lvls above me (over 10s), but I won't die.

The problem is really not about the mobs, but that the area is devoid of human activity. I don't see any human players around except in the town, the Obsidian Stronghold. I need a new game because I'm reaching levels that few other players are at, and it's getting boring.

So that's why there is BROKEN STEEL!!!!

Released on the 5th of May, the 3rd expansion of Fallout 3 is the first real expansion of the game; the rest are just unrelated side-stories.

The max level of the original game was 20, and in the latest expansion it has been raised to 30. Plus you aren't dead even if you chose to sacrifice your life in the original!

So I installed Fallout 3 just now and Broken Steel after.

And I started the game.

And my saved games were missing.

So now I've got to play the game all over again. Not that it's hard - it's always fun to bash people's head in. Like that Mr Burke who asked me to blow up Megaton. I took his device and killed him immediately after I ended the conversation. No exp rewards from any quests, but there's more than enough experience to be earned in this game anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment