Thursday 21 May 2009

Rant 355 / Mass Effect 2 Coming Soon In Less Than A Year

Broken Steel! This time I played through the original Fallout 3 storyline, unaware that I had to activate the Broken Steel files through the Fallout 3 Launcher. So I had to see the whole ending the 3rd time...

Then I activated it and replayed. Good thing it autosaves everytime I enter a new zone, so the last save was right when I entered the Purifier Control Room. This time, I sent Fawkes (my trusty old friend) in. No more of that "This is where your destiny culminates. I shall not rob you of this chance" bullshit. In the original storyline, this freakin dude knows he's immune to radiation and yet he refuses to enter the lethally irradiated chamber (lethal for normal people) for the player. Makes absolutely no sense!

When he entered the chamber, I felt that this was the perfect conclusion to this part of the story. Fawkes was the best guy to enter because of his special trait. Anyone else would die in that room, except myself (only because the expansion requires me to be alive).

But the ending movie made me sound like a coward, describing Fawkes as "the true hero". They're wrong! I'm just making the most practical choice!






Replaying Caesar 4. I can't seem to get past the first level of the Republic campaign. I need to know the basics better; I just keep screwing up my finances. Maybe I shouldn't have just jumped right into the main campaign and skipped the tutorial.








Also replaying a bit of Yoot Tower (Sim Tower 2), and I can't save it because I'm using Vista. And I have to play it at 256 colours, so when I open it everything but Yoot Tower is displayed in weird colours.

The worst thing is only that I can't save it, which means I can't use my usual save-and-reload-when-I-make-a-mistake strategy, which I do for every game whenever possible.

Oh well, it is still good for passing time, so I'll keep it for the future.








My Toastmasters Club is short of Exco members. Only the President's and one of the VP's posts are filled. No one ran for any other posts. Kinda weird this year, that no one wants to be in the main committee. Even I, but I have pretty solid reasons and also no need for CCA points.

The funny thing was the VP (Education) was expecting me to fill her post. That is the last post I'd want for myself because it involves the most amount of work. I'd pick the Treasurer or VPM if I'd wanted to run for Exco again.








Another 2 expansions for Fallout 3 were announced. Both are going to have nothing to do with the main story. One is going to be (again) another part of the US, while the other will be taking place on board an alien spaceship.

I'm only going to be interested in the expansion, Mothership Zeta, just because of the aliens.

Also coming in the near future (2010, but expect delays due to need for patches) is a new Fallout game, Fallout: New Vegas. The name says where it will be. After watching all the complete seasons of CSI, I'm interested in how they depict the post-nuclear-war Las Vegas.

It will be a new story but using the same style as Fallout 3. Woohoo!

Fallout MMORPG, on the other hand, is being developed by Interplay, the guys who made Fallout 1 and 2. Bethesda is now pissed off because they say Interplay doesn't have the rights to make that.

And no, none of these are Fallout 4. =(










After reading about the First and Second Crusade, it feels like I was reading some sort of drama story. The first 3 Crusades are apparently closely link, with each Crusade leading to consequences that led to the following Crusade. However, the 2 I've read so far were also tales of epic fail.

The Second Crusade, this time, failed because not only did they abandon their original goal, Edessa, but they also failed to achieve their new objective - WITHOUT A FIGHT!

In the First Crusade's aftermath, several Crusader states were formed. The first to rise was Edessa, but it was also the first to fall. It was its fall that led to the then Pope, Eugene III, to preach for a new Crusade as retaliation against the Muslims.

But when the armies came, they ignored Edessa and went for Damascus instead. At first they were at a good position to seige the city - hard to attack the city due to stronger defenses, but had a good supply of food and water (there were orchards). Then for some reason, they decided to move to another position that had weaker fortifications but also harder to obtain supplies.

It was then that the famous hero, Nuradin, arrived. When that happened, they were no longer able to move back (probably something to do with the better leader and his reinforcements). So they left. Or as a Singaporean would say, they kerblakan puseng and balek kampong.


SO FREAKIN ANTI-CLIMATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And because of the actions of these people, Jerusalem eventually fell into the hands of Saladin (which was later made into the movie, Kingdom of Heaven), whom I've mentioned before. He united Syria and Egypt and went on to attack all the other Crusader states, conquering everything but the capitals. This would lead to... the Third Crusade.

Stay tuned for more historical epic fails.

Or epic wins, if you're Muslim.








The pre-E3 Mass Effect 2 trailer is out. I need a new computer! It's going to be released by March 2010, and there are significant improvements to the graphics. This is the only game that I'm excited about right now because Fallout 3 and Broken Steel have been released. All the other games I'm playing merely serves to fill the time between Broken Steel and ME2.



Watching the video and scanning through all those wallpapers at www.masseffect.com makes me want to play Mass Effect again. If symptom persists I will play it after Broken Steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment