Friday 27 February 2009

Rant 312 / Think Outside The Box? Shit, I Can't Even Handle The Stuff INSIDE The Box!

Just realized that the Necrolyte does not necessarily have to start with the Ring of Basilius. Though the mana regen and armour aura seem nice, I feel like it's more effective to start with 2 Robes and 6 Tangos. It seems that adding Intel makes me more effective, especially when it increases my damage.

With the extra damage and mana, I can get the last hits more often, increasing my $$. Then throw in some Null Talismans and I have some great stats. I'm going to stick with 2 Null Talismans from now on.







Completed Unit 1 of Rosetta Stone's French Level 1. Unit 2 feels much harder now. Somehow it took over 50 tries to get "un sandwich" pronounced right. It seems more like a hardware/software problem because I can easily get it right when I use the special tutoring function thing that allows me to compare what I say with a recording of the words spoken more slowly.







Apparently, activated charcoal reduces alcohol absorption. So I believe it means that taking one of those charcoal pills prescribed for me as diarrhoea medicine some time ago will make me less vulnerable to the effects of alcohol.

From Wikipedia's Activated Carbon article,

5 to 15 milligrams of charcoal per kilogram of body weight taken at the same time as 170 ml of pure ethanol (which equals about 10 servings of an alcoholic beverage, or 17 shots), over the course of one hour, has very apparent effects at reducing potential blood alcohol content.

For source, check the article itself. I'll be keeping a pill in my bag everytime I go out from now on. One pill probably weighs a gram or so, which is rougly what my body needs for that 170ml of pure alcohol. An average guy weighing 60kg would need 300-900mg, or 0.3-0.9g of activated charcoal. And since it "has very apparent effects" I think it means it definitely works.

No comments:

Post a Comment