Wednesday 4 February 2009

Rant 299 / Coz I Don't Care

So it wasn't my graphics card dying after all. When I was fiddling with the Catalyst Control Center (which is somehow related to my graphics) one day, I found that I could update the software. So I did. At the same time, I decided to get Skullptura's less-than-1GB rip of L4D and it's update that comes separately. So I did.

Now I can play L4D v1.0.0.9 flawlessly, on Garena or on cracked servers. I have even more people to play with because of the cracked servers. I just don't know how to find more.

Unfortunately I can't play much these days since it's going to be the one-week break soon, which signifies that half the sem has passed. Means I have to camp in the library more often to catch up.








People care more than you'd expect but less than you think.

Why can't my hair be emo so that it'd cut itself?






Obama imposes $0.5M bailout salary cap.

Critics of the new White House regulations are likely to argue that they may make it more difficult for top Wall Street firms to attract top talent and may lead to reluctance from ailing companies to accept bailout funds.

Obviously, this isn't working. If they had been successful at it before and that these "top talents" were actually of any use, they wouldn't have had one major economic problem after another, would they?

This is stupid. The people are suffering while the top guys, aka the ones who should have prevented such problems in the first place, use large portions of the bailout money for their own compensation packages and salaries.

And look who's paying now? The very people who are getting the retrenchment and pay cuts! This cap should have been there long ago when they announced the first muilti-billion bailout package.

No comments:

Post a Comment