Tuesday 17 September 2013

Rant 1174 / Internet Shopping And Games

Did quite a bit of online shopping.

Yesterday I bought this Marcellotino suit jacket for S$75.00, a Kezco shirt for S$20 and a simple cufflink for $10 from Singsale.

The suit is suspiciously cheap so I'm expecting major issues and a visit to my neighbourhood tailor.

But if all goes well, this may possibly the most incredible find I've ever encountered this year!

$75 for a suit! SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLARS! In USD, that's $60!

The shirt is not bad, not the cheap sort I'd buy, but I don't have a black shirt and it's still way cheaper than the Apollo shirts I got from KS. The cufflink was bought because I don't have a pair at all.

Moreover, after getting the shirt and jacket, the delivery for everything else I ordered in the following order would be waived, so the cufflink is getting $8 waived.

The way Singsale worked was that it would have multiple sales going on at the same time, each sale featuring one or more brands of the same products, eg shoes, or business attire.

The sale that the jacket and shirt were in was separate from the one featuring the cufflink, so if I hadn't bought it then, I would have had to pay an extra $8 delivery fee later.






Then from Groupon, I bought this set of french press with 4 glasses. I generally don't buy glassware or anything that can shatter into tiny sharp pieces, but I've always wanted a cheap french press. S$20 for the set was pretty good to me. Thin glass though, so I will have to warm it up a bit before pouring almost boiling water into it. Maybe will microwave some water to do it.

My bro had already gotten me some whole coffee bean from Cold Storage the other day which I had started using since yesterday, so now I can use these beans with the press.

Previously, I'd been using the drip method with my mug, a sieve and a paper filter, so now I want to see what the french press can do.


















Game of War is far more interesting because there is so much more activity there compared to Spartan Wars.

A lot of politics too, which I try to avoid.

But we're getting so friendly here in my alliance (aka guild or clan) we even set up a Line chat group.

What I don't like is that I got promoted to one of the six generals in my alliance. I had repeated multiple times that I don't want any responsibilities but the leader just made me one anyway. The six generals are basically the guys in charge when she's not around. Moreover, I'm also the only admin of the alliance chat, the rank just below hers and above the mods, so that's even more responsibilities.

Otherwise, this game is pretty nice because of the alliances. People are active and mine have lots of girls, including one who claims to be one of the extras in Ah Boys to Men. Not sure which one but doesn't matter.

The money being pumped into this game is still staggering to me. In Kingdom 20 (K20), one of the latest to be opened, some guy has already become more powerful than anyone in my kingdom, K2, even though mine's over 2 months old while K20 is less than a month old. That guy must have spent thousands of dollars in that short timespan.

Now I want to invest in these game companies. Damn the money is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment