Thursday 28 April 2011

Rant 769 / Foxholes







 











All the hype about the FBI on the Internet turned out to be crap. Whatever they're saying about how the party van's going to park outside your home, assuming you're American, when you participate in one of those Anon DDOS attacks is just bullshit.

The inspector general's office tested 36 cyber agents it interviewed to see if they had the technical skills for national security cases and found that 64 percent did.

Five of the 36 field agents interviewed said that they did not think they were able to effectively investigate national security intrusions and were not qualified to do so, according to the inspector general's report.

64% passed a test (ie most likely much easier than the real thing) and 13.9% expressed a lack of confidence in their ability to fulfil their duties.



Of course, the sample size is extremely small, so this isn't accurate at all and may not even be close to the truth.










So I've been summoned for a briefing at my camp in the near future. That means there will be the possibility that I will be summoned during September.

Damn.









Whoa! For S$330 I can get a 4D3N trip inclusive of 3N stay at a 4-star hotel in Tokyo, 2-way airport transfer and return SIA tickets if I book by 4 May and depart by 28 May.


Then I read further and saw...


e-Voucher excludes:
- Airport tax & surcharges @ $343 (subject to change)
- Breakfast @ $30 daily


What? The airport tax and surcharges alone would double the price. 3 days of breakfasts would add another S$90.


Still, that's cheap compared to what the norm used to be, I guess.








Discovered the power of coalitions today in Die2Nite. I had died last night due to zombies overwhelming our crappy defences and had respawned this morning in a new town.

Imagine my surprise when the forum was so active even before I arrived (19h before next attack) and almost everyone talking there was a hero (paying member).


They had a plan for the next couple of days, and everyone knew what he/she was doing. Half the tiles outside were explored and cleared and most of them knew not to bother with Piston Lock first.


Most amazingly was the fact that their last town lasted 20 days. I've never lasted more than 4 days.


I checked their Souls so I know.


Unfortunately they had only just left their Season 1 town, so they weren't aware that this town wasn't going to be ranked (have to be distanced towns). Their solution? Mass suicide tonight and start a new one.


After seeing their teamwork, I knew I cannot stay in random towns with random people any longer, so when I read that there was a way to join them, I went straight for it. All I had to do was join their IRC channel and ask, so it was easy.


Speaking of IRC, I had no idea we didn't need IRC programmes anymore these days. I haven't touched MIRC for so many years, so I was totally ignorant about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment