Wednesday 20 April 2011

Rant 766 / Two Dyslexics Walked Into A Bra.

Just noticed my debit card has this 3% Saver Saturday Promotion that's ending on the 30th of May. So every Saturday, I get 3% Cashback at the following stores:

 • Courts  • { prologue } Bookstore  • NTUC Fairprice
 • Mustafa  • HARRIS Bookstores  • Fairprice Xtra
 • McDonalds  • Giant  • NTUC Finest
 • SPC  • Cold Storage  • Carrefour
 • POPULAR Bookstores  • Shop n Save  • Sheng Shiong
 • UrbanWrite  • Marketplace


Since I have a Shop N Save nearby, I think I'll shop there only on Saturdays from now on.

Another one I frequent is McDonald's, but it's not like I have a choice of when I order McDelivery. It really depends on certain rather random factors.









Portal 2 was a very good game. I've watched the entire game on Vidya2 and it looked pretty epic. Interesting gameplay and a very exciting plot. They basically merged the puzzles of Portal with the environment and plot-style of Half Life 2.

I'll likely buy it someday when I have the money.

If Portal 1 was worth the 10USD, then Portal 2 is worth the 50USD. Honestly.

Portal 1 could be completed in 45 minutes if you know the tricks. Portal 2 is at least twice as long, and that's just the single-player mode alone. Portal 2 also has a co-op mode that you can play with friends (preferably friends since it only allows 2-player co-ops) which has a better replay value than the single-player mode.

Portal 2 was also more hilarious and exciting than Portal 1. I know because Vidya2 streamed Portal 1 immediately after Portal 2, giving me an unique opportunity to compare both games without relying on fading memories.



I don't think this video is much of a spoiler, so I'm posting it here.
























Found this independently developed (indie) RPG entitled "Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch". For a US$13 game, the graphics and gameplay are pretty good.

But it has no music. None at all.

One of its most unique feature is its plot. It makes no sense whatsoever. Any attempt to make sense out of it may cause your brain to explode.

However, do not mistake the absence of logic as an absence of humour. It's hilarious in its own way. For example, the item used to revive your party members is... Jellyfish Penis.

I didn't even know they have one.

The other feature that distinguishes it from other games is its live-action cut scenes. No CGI - it's real acting, and by the game's developer himself no less!




Your mama's so stupid, she tried to drown a fish!



Game of the Millennium right there.

The only reason it isn't selling too well is because Mark didn't spend enough on marketing.












American culture at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment