Tuesday 13 April 2010

Rant 525 / Now In Chapters And Technicolour

The WePad


The WePad, Germany's answer to Apple's iPad, sounds intriguing. I wonder what it will be like when compared to the iPad. We will have to wait and see.










Some people are obviously twisting facts to suit theories.


A study shows that spanking children could make them more aggressive. I don't agree. Not all children understand logic and the necessity for good behaviour even when you try to explain it to them. I remember the times when I did the things I did even after repeated warnings/scoldings simply because I had no idea why I should not do it and the explanations given to me didn't seem to make sense till I was much older.

I also like this comment from that page:

yes..very true. I and my friends…go spanking at home school etc and we all turned out to be bullies and now we bully our neighbors, colleagues etc.
Surprisingly they are still loves us very much and very close to us. ANd that too … we ended up being successful in our careers. I just cant figure that out.
Those who didn’t get whooped, are so good now that they smoke the earth friendly green stuffs, make friends with everyone and have “friendly” fights and issues.. Yet for some reason..people don’t like them. And they are not into becoming successful.. and that way helping us bullies be there.
Research is very right.. no spanking guys.

Yo Bro -”Frederik Joelving” Its nice to post some article picked from a trash can to get some attention.. Now research on the “drinking cow urine” to fight cancer..(No kidding.. there is another one of those scientist who claims that.)
That maybe maybe your next big Article!
Idle mind devils den.









Bleach, atm, sucks


Just remembered about Bleach (the anime) and checked my records (I have a TXT file with the filename as "Next is XXX" where "XXX" refers to the number of the next episode I should watch) and found that I'm only at episode 238 next for Bleach and 127 for Naruto Shippudden. Since I've long given up on Naruto, I ignored that and went to check the DB website and to my surprise, Bleach is already at episode 266.

That's a 27-episode marathon coming up! Then as I clicked on the links I found the torrent for episode 252 to be dead. I was unable to find any replacement links for this particular episode either. To make things worse, all the episodes are still fillers. In fact all the coming episodes are fillers until somewhere in June, and even that is unconfirmed.

Not exactly enthusiastic about it anymore.












Can We Believe George Soros's Words?

He warns that they're making an even bigger bubble now. Anyone else thinks that he is manipulating the markets with his "advice"?











Dreaming of Future Movies


Playing with Fallout 3 and Oblivion on third-person view (go to console and type "tfc") made me think of how movies can be made this way.

Right now, moving pictures are events shown on 2D screens and a few on 3D but that's not what we really want, just what people can make.

What people want is more than just this peek of voyeurism. They want to see the events unfold. Films today, made with all sorts of camera techniques, merely help the audience see the important parts to offset the limits of a single camera.

Then here is my suggestion: Imagine if someone has programmed the Lone Wanderer in Fallout 3 to move on his own, to complete the entire story automatically. Now the player controls a camera that can move freely in all directions, so he can move the camera with the protagonist or to anywhere else.

A movie that is viewable from every single angle. The audience is given control of the point of view, enabling them to see things in first, second or third-person views. They become ghosts that float around and can watch the protagonist as he goes on to save the world, or watch the other characters in their sub-plots.

Of course, a "default" camera is provided to give the audience the experience that one would expect to get from the films we have now. This would be involve instructions from a director to make it a "real" film.

One can also see this as a role-playing game in which the player merely watches. He may be able to control the time but he cannot affect the world in any other way.

Too bad I'm neither a programmer nor a drama student.

No comments:

Post a Comment