Thursday 25 February 2010

Rant 501 / The Celebration of Stupidity

Sometimes I would have a bag of hamburgers (the beef patties, not the the entire thing with the buns and etc) in my freezer, which I would use as backup supper. Take 2 out, bake them on a piece of foil (sides folded up to prevent the oil from dripping out) until they shrink.

Seriously, they taste so meaty, it makes me wonder why MacDonald's hamburgers taste so different. For one, the beefy taste in their burgers is weaker. Second, they are saltier. Third, their meat is much drier. When I bake these burgers I have here, grease ooze out of them. If I stack them up while baking them (I do that when I can't separate the frozen patties), the bottom one also ooze blood.

But the Mac burgers don't seem to have any grease in them. Maybe it's got to do with their thinness. Not much volume to hold fats and the high surface area vs volume ratio means the fats flow out much faster.












Savage 2 is a free game. Apparently it's even better than Empires in that it's a combination of RTS/FPS/RPG. That's a real-time strategy cum first-person shooter cum role-playing game.

How is that possible? To be a RTS/FPS combo, there is a commander who plays the RTS while everyone else are the soldiers. To throw in the RPG element, each soldier also has different class and... STATS and SKILLS! Yes, in Savage 2 you level up and add points to these!

Most importantly, IT IS FREE. Players can pay for a Premium account which has more perks like more slots and etc. I haven't tried the game yet but it sounds very interesting.






Ok, tried it for a few hours on a newbie server. I think I like it better than Empires. It's faster and has more abilities for each class than Empires, but I prefer sci-fi games a little more than fantasy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment