Saturday 20 February 2010

Rant 499 / Meat Is Food. Vegetables Are Just Constipation Medicines.

I've been describing Allods Online as a great game, but a recent event changed my mind. Don't get me wrong, the game itself is great. Problem is the cash shop. That's where players can spend real money to buy the special currency to buy items that are extremely rare in the game (ie takes hours and hours of farming monsters to get one). They've recently opened up that cash shop, sometimes called "item shop", and the prices are BAD.

For 20USD I can buy 6 extra slots for my inventory (from 18 to 24, 33% improvement). For the same price I can get a really good mount in Runes of Magic. Better still, I find it easier to farm for cash shop items in RoM than in Allods.

It's all over the Internet now. Many major MMORPG websites have reports of this debacle and the company has posted an update discussing its response to this issue on the front page of the game's website.

Me, I'm considering RoM again, but the factor that my decision is really hinging upon is the difficulty of farming for cash shop items within the game.










http://shogungamer.com/category/general-site-tags/real-kanojo

A girlfriend simulator. The fact that there is even demand for this in Japan makes things look really bad over there for men. I did consider getting the game just for the adult parts, but after another second of thinking I realized I'll never download this. If I get such a game I'd lose all respect for myself.

I pity everyone who buys or obtains this game in any other way. The dignity of the self lost forever, is a sad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment