Wednesday 3 February 2010

Rant 491 / Plant A Tree Just By Lifting A Finger.

I'm not sure if there's a way to check all the comments on my blog. I don't get any sort of notification when someone responds to what I type. However, there are usually 1-3 occasions per year when I'm be so bored I'd scan through my rants for comments. If you haven't used this website to blog before, this is what the list of rants looks like:


On this page I can scan 25 rants at a time. I have almost 500 rants, so that takes 20 clicks of "Older". There are a few times when I got a pleasant surprise after finding a comment on an old rant from long ago, like the one in which I discussed Snuff. I found it too late though, so didn't bother to respond.

Most of the time, however, I'd just find bs spam from fail bloggers trying to advertise their own blogs like "Hey I like your blog, check out mine lolololol!" =\

This time, I found a comment from last month on a rant I typed in '08! When I first read it I couldn't even remember what it was talking about till I scrolled up to read what I posted. Don't bother looking for it, I typed a lot that year.

The point is, I didn't think there would be people reading up my old stuff. I mean, where the heck did they find the link to those anyway? I find it highly unlikely that they were so hooked by my newer posts that they would read my entire blog. Oh hell, I think I'll give Blogger an email to notify whenever I get a comment.

Another thing is that it doesn't matter to me if you comment using a registered Blogger account. I don't have the habit of browsing blogs of people I don't know personally. No offence, but I really don't care what you ate yesterday or what complete strangers are interested in. So feel free to remain anonymous or just sign with your name at the bottom of the comment. I've enabled anonymous comments long ago anyway.

But if you know me in real life, I'd prefer if you identify yourself. I really dislike surprises since I almost never mention this blog in conversations. Other than a few closer friends, no one I know is supposed to be aware of its existence, and this blog is intended for people who don't know me (eg myself 20 years from now).












Now I'm waiting for S.TA.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat. Tried the first game, S.TA.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl, but the graphics make me nauseous. It still looks interesting though, but CoP is supposed to be much better. Lots of people are already playing the Russian version of this game using a fan-made translation mod. Problem is that translation isn't easy, so there are many "all your base are belongs to us" kind of instances.

This game is about the Chernobyl area. Pripyat is a nearby city that I've mentioned before in a rant some time ago. In the game's fictional history, another explosion occurred in the power plant after the original, causing certain "anomalies" that defy the laws of nature to appear everywhere in the region. Mutants too. Got to have mutants when you have radiation in a game.

CoP is claimed to have followed the actual place closely, so the game would allow players to explore Pripyat without risking the radiation for real. Sounds interesting. I'm not too big on radiation in real life, especially when both my parents had cancer before and one did succumb to it. No need to go out of my way to make the inevitable happen earlier.

I'm also playing SoC to explore the part of the original power plant that is available in the game. Still have some ways to go.













Bacon rice:

1) Pour cooked rice on bowl-shaped foil.

2) Cover completely with back bacon.

3) Bake at 200 degrees Celsius till bacon slices turn dark brown on the edges. A little charred fats is even better (unless you're really health-conscious).

4) Serve immediately.

Who needs skill to cook tasty meals anyway?? Bacon makes everything taste good.













Stopped with ME2. I didn't try to play ME1 twice consecutively, not sure why I did that with ME2. Was too enthusiastic, I guess.













Woke up at about 7.40am. Realized I've never seen daylight from my bed at this time before. Couldn't recognize the perfectly horizontal shaft of light emanating from my window. Got a shock wondering where the heck the sun is at. Thought I was dreaming. Took me a few moments to remember the sunlight's angle implies an earlier time than I'm used to.

You see, I have never gotten out of bed at this time, not for a very long time. It's usually pre-dawn or late morning for me because I hate the peak hour traffic. After waking up I don't look out of/at my window. There's really nothing to see in the morning at this sort of time, just people struggling to squeeze onto buses to go to work - a bloody depressing sight. The only time I like to look at the view outside is after midnight, at about 3-4am, when there's nothing conscious on the streets.













The most amazing revolver ever. A fricking revolver that fires rounds designed for a heavy machine gun. I've heard of .50 cal rounds because it's in Empires mod. The .50 cal heavy machine gun (HMG) is the most devastating anti-infantry weapon in the game.

This is no different. The .50 BMG (Browning Machine Gun) round is used in heavy machine guns and sniper rifles. In fact the longest-range confirmed sniper kill in history was made using this bullet at a distance of 2430m.

Judging from the size of it, one round is probably enough to make a limb explode. Btw the length of 1 of these bullets is 138mm. Firing this revolver without strong arms will likely result in broken/shattered limbs. The recoil must be insane. Definitely comparable with shotguns, except you have one hand holding a shotgun further down the barrel and not just at the grip. For this revolver, you can only hold the grip.














Joe Rogan Watches 2 Girls 1 Cup - Watch more Funny Videos

Joe Rogan is the host of Fear Factor.













Holy crap! Those coma patients aren't all unconscious!
















This is the only way you can plant a tree without leaving your chair. Feels good, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment