Saturday 30 January 2010

Rant 486 / Notto Disu Shitto Agen


Finally found a second annoying bug in the game. At the part after you complete Mordin's special quest at Tuchanka, if you choose to stay, saving and then reloading will cause your team to be unable to return to the Normandy. The F key will return to the normal melee attack after reloading. Good thing I save like I'm paranoid, had a save just before opening that final door.




Yea it's this shit again. ME2 is everywhere! All major forums have threads, if not entirely new sections, for this game. I will probably continue to rant about it for quite a number of days.

I've been getting pwned too often ever since I started playing on Hardcore as a Sentinel. Died again, this time at the Thresher Maw. Not going to say where in order to avoid spoilers. The last time I was there, I was a Soldier with more HP so I could just shrug off a spit or two from it.

Now as a Sentinel at this difficulty, my Lv2 Tech Armour can take 1 spit and the next almost kills me. I die from three hits. Discovered this when I died on my first try this run. On the second try (I saved immediately before the fight), I sprinted like hell to put a solid pillar between me and it each time I saw where it was going.

Missed/overshot a few times, but I managed to survive and kill it again with less than a minute left (had about 3 mins left on my first run as the Soldier). Ran out of heavy weapon ammo and had to kill it with my submachine gun. I was actually worried that I might be taking too long when I saw that I had a minute left.





I can see that Mass Effect 2 is a bigger game than the first. Hell, Mass Effect 1 looks like it's just a prologue compared to this. Even if there are fewer sidequests (which I cannot confirm since I haven't explored that much yet), the fact that players get lots of superficial differences depending on what they've imported from the first game means a lot more work was required in at least the scripting and voice acting.

I still need to complete more sidequests to see if there are any major differences due to my ME1 imported data. For example, I have yet to find out if saving the rachni makes any significant difference in ME2. All I have so far is an additional conversation.

There is this sidequest from an asari whom I encountered in Feros. According to the ME wiki (I can't remember what happened with this minor NPC from the first game), players are given the choice to save or kill her in the first game's main questline. I guess saving her in the first game gives an additional quest in the second.

Now I'm also wondering what would have happened if I had let the Council die in the first game. I've never let that happen, so I'd have to play ME1 again to find out. Unless I'm given the choice to pick this option if I start a new character without imported data. Both options don't sound good though. ME1 isn't as interesting after 3-4 runs. Playing ME2 without imported data means much fewer bonuses at the beginning, bonuses I've gotten used to already.

No comments:

Post a Comment