Saturday 2 January 2010

Rant 475 / Ugh


Together with the camembert and brie I had also bought a piece of smoked dutch cheese with herbs that day. Picture shows how I ate half the cheese.

It was excellent stuff, but too much. Next time I'll cut a quarter instead.













Something is wrong with my network adapter. It's been struggling to stay connected the entire day until I turned my fan towards it. It's constant disconnections made me irritated enough to find the Command Prompt command for continuous ping, which is

ping XXX.XXX.XX.XX -t

and I kept the Command Prompt opened throughout the rest of the night. It doesn't do anything to stop the disconnections but at least I know when I'm crashing and when I'm only lagging.

Still, it disconnected a few more times after I had the fan blowing it at. I don't like what I'm seeing.























So after several random experiments, I found the solution to this frequent disconnections. I merely had to change the Wide Channel setting to Auto instead of a specific number. From having pings between infinity ("Request Timed Out") to 1, now it has improved to between 1 to <1.












What if online scammers can be scammed? That is what 419eater is about. I recently came across a set of comics made by one of its more successful members and I was surprised by how gullible the con artists are.














If you had no idea what you were reading, fear not - me neither. At least, not until I read from this page that all the people in the pictures were online scammers tricked into posing in such weird costumes.
















I really like the part where he talks about how all the guys in those games look like girls. It's so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment