Saturday 9 January 2010

Rant 477 / A Rant Is A Rant Is A Rant.


It begins as an incestuous love story, but eventually becomes a story most people over 15 would recognize. Hilarious and ingenious!












I'm starting to make good money in FoM. After lots of listening and observing, I finally found certain items that would always sell. Price wars are starting too, and everyone is trying to undercut each other as often as possible. I blame the peace. Now I'm being undercut so much I must check the markets twice a day to ensure constant sales.

I hate peace in FoM but I certainly don't wish to be involved in wars. The last time my faction had to fight, I couldn't mine/produce anywhere safely. But other members are getting bored and keep trying to incite discontent among others in the faction. Bloody annoying and immature. We're a corporation, businessmen! Making money is our specialty, not warmongering. Oh well, at least they aren't succeeding.

One of them even had the gall to expect to get promoted after trying to persuade the faction to fight the police faction. He got pissed when a higher ranking player flat out refused to raise his rank. As if that didn't make sense!

Really, there is a special kind of fun in seeing money roll in.













My bro has been staying at his girlfriend's home every weekend. I'm concerned that he may be going too deep too fast. They barely know each other for less a year and she's already expecting him to celebrate her mother's birthday with her. In other words, he's being treated as part of the family already.

But my bro, being himself, refused in no uncertain terms. His logic was simple: if he has never celebrated the birthday of our own mother, then why do it for hers? Exactly my answer if I were in his shoes. It wouldn't be fair to our mother, and it's too much work to start now.

In my family, we don't celebrate birthdays, Father's Day, Mother's Day, Children's Day or whatever. I don't know the birth dates of any of my family members, and I certainly don't remember mine till my friends start asking me when I'm free for my birthday celebration every year. Then I'd go,"Oh right, my birthday is somewhere this month..." and then I dig out my IC to check the exact day.

I mean, there really isn't anything special about these dates. They repeat every year! Just because it only comes once a year doesn't make them any different from other days. You don't see anyone celebrating the start of a new IPPT window, do you? But it happens only once a year too!

If anything, people should celebrate the 29th of February just because it exists only every four years except every hundred years but returns every four hundred years. It's thrice as unique as your birthdays, so why not bake a cake or three for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment