Thursday 18 April 2013

Rant 1126 / Learning To File Income Tax

So I just tried Marmite. It's not as disgusting as some make it out to be but it's too strong as a spread, just like Bovril.

I'm going to have to find another way to eat it.





















Finished Bioshock 1. Got the good ending, then I watched the other 2 endings on Youtube. They turned out to be the same ending except the narrator spoke in a softer tone for the not-so-bad ending.

A little disappointed by the length of the ending cinematic but it's probably the age.














Thought about going back to finishing Chinese Paladin 3 but the combat is just bad. I'll have to finish it at a slower pace, like one area a day.

Installed Neverwinter Nights. Been rotting in my GOG account for some time now and after watching someone stream the beginning of the game, I thought it was interesting enough.

Not really used to having an average Charisma but I felt like playing as a monk and IIRC it's not an easy class so I thought I'd need all the points in the correct places.

Apparently NWN2 recycled A LOT of music from this first game too. Quite surprising to me.




















Filed my income tax for real this year. Last year (2011's tax) was not really a big deal because I made a loss anyway, so I didn't actually give a fuck about what I should enter other than the 4-line summary for my business.

This year, however, I'm in the lowest category that needs to pay income tax, so it's common sense that I should be serious about finding out what claims I can make and etc.

Turned out to be pretty troublesome. Had to read up a bit on stuff like life insurance claims.

I didn't know I could claim relief for my insurance policies and since I have more than the maximum number of policies I can claim, I picked the two highest ones for this to claim the maximum of $5k. Adding in the $3k NSman relief, CPF contribution relief (another thing I was not aware of until I started filing the tax) and etc, I ended up with no tax again.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment