Monday 15 April 2013

Rant 1125 / It Is Already April!

So I've been looking for accessories for my Lumia 520. Surprisingly, there was none to be found at DealExtreme. I only managed to find one shop selling screen protectors and casings for this model on Qoo10 that charges around S$8-9 for both silicone casing and screenguard.

The price might be decent but I'm not interested in silicone casing. After using this flip cover for so long, I realize I need something to cover the screen but more convenient than a pouch.

Must be less popular than I thought, these budget phones.

Not urgent though, unless I buy on DealExtreme, which is why I searched for it now. I still have 3 months to go before I can switch telcos and start using the new phone. DealExtreme is very slow at shipping stuff sometimes, hence the haste. If I'm ordering from a seller at Qoo10, I feel safe enough ordering a fortnight before I can use the phone.





















































The best thing about this video is the grade at the end.




















Just finished Fontaine's home in Bioshock. Interesting twist. As I went through the game, I started thinking about how the protagonist simply followed what Atlas said without questioning anything. Something didn't fit. If you've just survived a plane crash and find yourself in an impossible underwater city, there have to be more important things than saving some guy's family or killing a stranger. For example, you might want explanations.




One thing I've learnt from Bioshock is to never fuck with the guy with the incendiary shotgun.

I like them fiery shells.






















Been watching the GSL and GSTL recently. Though a number of details were lost on me, one thing really stood out - the Terrans can last a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time without minimal harvesters (SCVs)!

Like Fantasy's games. Despite the fact that he lost in the end, he showed how durable the Terrans are even with 12 SCVs in late game. In his last game iirc, he was able to defend against late game full-supply Zerg attacks at least twice even though he only had 12 SCVs lefts. At the very end, he even managed to muster enough forces to mount a counterattack, although it failed.

Everyone was like "WTF?" at that point.

Sure, he lost, but he played far better than anyone else who had dropped out of Code S this season.























So my bro asked me today if we have anyone we should invite to his wedding.

Nope, so it's just going to be relatives from her side.

I wonder if there's supposed to be any sort of family tradition for this sort of thing on our side but I guess we'll never know. I don't even know if any of my mum's jewellery are heirlooms because by the time I asked her, she couldn't remember anything about them anymore, not even what her wedding ring looks like.

Since both sides have no religion, it also probably means it will be a simple process. His in-laws simply asked for 6 tables. Not sure what else they're going to want. My bro doesn't give a damn and knows nothing but this is one occasion I had to tell him straight up not to do that. Logic says blatant nonchalance to his wedding preparation might result in long term issues in his marriage. I just told him that at the very least, he had to pretend to care.

Whether he listens is another matter but regardless, it's his marriage, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment