Sunday 31 March 2013

Rant 1122 / The One Toy That Makes More Toys

Finished Bioshock Infinite. The last battle was hard and the bottles of Vigors were bugged.

But I managed to finish it in like 6 or 7 tries.

The bottles didn't work! All they did was replenish my Salt level instead of replacing my current Vigor with the one labelled on the bottle. WTF?

And there I thought I was going to finally get Possession once more in the game, even if it's just for the final battle, but no, I got stuck with the Vigor I didn't want.

Same goes for all the Vigors I found past Comstock's house. What the heck? I wanted Shock Jockey, found a bottle of it, but I didn't get it.

That's a really terrible bug but nevertheless I could handle the game using nothing but Return to Sender. TBH I was using Shock Jockey the same way as I used RtS - only when there were enemies nearby.

But RtS had the advantage of defending me against enemies at any range while SJ's advantage was that it did some damage.

Another difficulty was the ammo. Hand Cannon ammo is so hard to find that in many major battles I use up all my secondary gun ammo, whichever gun it may be, and resort to picking up any gun dropped by downed enemies.

Of course, with RtS, range didn't really matter. If all I have is a shotgun vs a Volley Gun guy, I'd just run close to him with the shield on and kill him up close.

Anyway, those are the only complaints I have. Gameplay's great. Guns are ridiculously accurate because the bullets appear to always go straight for the first shots. The story was excellent.

Actually some online troll had already spoilt part of the ending for me by mentioning something about Elizabeth but fortunately, that didn't spoil the entire ending, although it really wasn't that surprising anymore.

And there's only one ending, so I don't think I'll be playing it again for a while.

According to Steam, I've only played this game for 21 hours.





















So my Yahoo mail got hijacked. I noticed something was amiss when I got replies telling me things that appeared to be replies to emails I don't remember sending, eg the receiver was on vacation. One email also stood out among the rest because the sender was my own email.

The sender was my email, not my name, which was strange but still bad.

The first thing I did was check my Sent folder. Nothing.

Next, I checked my activities log. Previously, when I got an email like that from myself, nothing was wrong. This time, however, I found 3 logins from India at roughly the same time.

Shit!

I immediately changed my password. Previously, I had mentioned that I added symbols. Now, I'm using a different password with even more symbols and still included everything else that added variety.

At this point, there's really nothing I can do to strengthen my password short of using symbols that aren't available on typical keyboards like letters with umlaut.

Changed the password for all my important emails and did a full scan of my PC.
























I am SO tempted to get this RigidBot for S$500 right now. SO tempted.

Not sure if I should sleep on it.

I'd seen this a few days ago but hesitated because I don't think I have the patience to draw stuff out before printing.

But today, I found out that not only is OpenSCAD easy to use (my only programming experience is one semester of C++ in uni and a little project using CAD for a presentation) but there is an entire wiki of stuff already drawn out by other users.

Just check out how easy it is to use OpenSCAD even if you're not a programmer like me in this tutorial made especially for us.

Hence my great interest in this.

US$330 + $90 for shipping equals to US$420 which is roughly S$500.

S$500 for a 19" by 16.5" by 16" 3D printer sounds like a pretty interesting deal.

The only real problem I have is that I still have very little idea where to get more plastic filament.




Heck, I'm sleeping on this for at least 2 days unless the 120+ slots run out quickly tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment