Thursday 14 March 2013

Rant 1116 / Of Temples And Footwear

So an English boxer literally tracked down a troll from Twitter.












Check out the hashtags too. Hilarious! I'm sure plenty of people have wanted to do exactly this but never got the opportunity to. This is practically a dream come true.
























In Season 2 they've been significantly improving the rap, although too frequently it's still bad.

Anyways I think I can see how electricity could be made free, although electrical appliances will have to cost significantly more. It would be like how Blizzard games have free Battlenet access.

However it might become an additional reason for manufacturers to reduce the lifespans of their products.





















No idea why the last rant got that many views. Why don't people link the video's URL instead?






















Playing 仙劍奇俠傳2 (Chinese Paladin 2). Not sure why I didn't finish it but my guess is that I found something more interesting halfway through and then my old hard disk died.

 Still a great game.

I'll finish it and get on to 3, and then I'll have to find 4 and any sequels beyond that.



















Found Knights of Pen and Paper, an RPG that tries to simulate the real pen and paper tabletop RPGs.

I've been waiting for a turn-based RPG for SO LONG! This is fantastic!

But the game wasn't exactly what I expected. For one, it wasn't really story-driven, just mostly grinding.

I've only played this for an hour so far, so this may not be true for the entire game. I don't know.


















That was stupid. I went to SAFRA Toa Payoh before I remembered that not all SAFRA clubhouses have eMarts. Needed to get the jogging shoes using my NS credits for my IPT on Thursday and somehow, I thought that all SAFRA clubhouses have eMarts.

Weird. I should have known better.

Anyway I was just across the road (Kim Keat Link) when I suddenly recalled that it wasn't true.

That annoyed me, and with the sun being so hot at noon then, I decided to just take a cab to SAFRA Mount Faber, where I know for sure has an eMart where I can buy what I need.

I had actually taken a bus from work to get there and had even walked some distance. According to my map app, the distance, if I had walked in a perfectly straight line, would have been about half a kilometre.

Under the afternoon sun. Yep.

But it was interesting because I went past this Buddhist temple that I had always noticed on my way to work but never got a chance to visit. Just wanted to take a look.

It's the one along the PIE at Toa Payoh and it seems to be under renovation at some parts.

Even saw a lone monk in a grey monk attire. I wonder if the colour has any significance.























Very quiet and relaxing even though it's next to a highway.




















Then at SAFRA Mount Faber I got the boots and shoes. Initially thought about getting socks and stuff but decided I still have some useable ones and I could buy more when I go back to camp some time in the coming months.



The lady asked me if I wanted half-leather or full-leather. Since I have no preference for the type of boots I wear during my in-camp training (ICT), I got the full-leather one instead.

The difference between a half-leather and a full-leather boot in my case is that the half-leather is made of some kind of tough woven fabric above the heels and has two holes just above the sole for rainwater drainage.

The full-leather one is almost like weather-proof so I chose it in case I decide to wear these boots to Korea later this year.


These Asics shoes caused me a bit of confusion. The green ones are meant for normal feet with a higher arch support than the blue ones, yet I feel that the blue ones are closer to what I'm used to. The blue ones are also recommended for people with flat feet.

Maybe it's because I've been wearing nothing but my leather shoes for too long so I've forgotten what normal jogging shoes are supposed to feel like. Anyway, I don't think it really matters if my shoes lack arch support.


These two practically wiped out my credits for this year; it's crazy. I even had to fork out another $7+ worth of advance credits from next year. Now I see why so many people had only one pair of boots during my last ICT.

It's now really important that I keep these boots maintained because I don't want to spend $75 cash on new ones anytime soon. I want to spend some credits on towels and such too.



No comments:

Post a Comment