Wednesday 6 March 2013

Rant 1114 / Can I Print The Innernet?

The Raid: Redemption was a surprisingly good movie. Indonesian film with lots of action. It was actually quite obvious that they were using some kind of martial art throughout but it looked like neither the random stuff usually shown in Hollywood movies nor any kind of Chinese kung fu.

Nor did it look like any other martial arts I'm somewhat familiar with like taekwondo, jiu-jutsu and etc.

It turned out to be silat. That was one of the possibilities I thought of when I watched the movie since it was an Indonesia film but it felt unlikely because silat has never been featured in any movies I've ever seen.

But it was silat.

The strangest thing about the whole movie was that it was good despite not naming any of the characters. Yea, I was impressed after I watched it but realized I couldn't name a single person in there except by common nouns like "the old man" and "the sergeant".

The protagonist doesn't even have that, I think, so I'll just refer to him as "the guy" here.

The guy had superhuman stamina. He could go through all that shit in a single day and the final fight was still epic.

Also, how did they not get high after fighting in the drug processing room? All that white powder blown into their air by their fight should have gone into their noses in large amounts.

Still, very nice action film, lots of action.
















So I've been looking at 3D printers in Singapore and it's still quite unknown. Prices aren't readily available and they aren't cheap either. For about S$1500 I could get a tiny one that can print small objects about the size of a glass.

Theoretically I could use that to print plastic bricks to build anything I want but that wouldn't be as interesting as printing the whole object.

The more professional ones cost S$3k or more but they don't look like they can print many practical items.

























It seems I can't get anything at the coming IT Show.

First, the internet. ViewQwest isn't offering any special promotions for its 100Mbps plan for this fair, so I might as well sign up online.

Second, the internet adapter I was going to get. It's not like the prices there are going to be particularly cheap but I thought I'd get one there since I thought I was going. Otherwise, I could easily get one at Funan or something.

Third, mobile recontract. One of my phones is ready for recontract... but the phone that I want, the Nokia Lumia 520, isn't even out yet. Strange that 620 is out but neither 520 nor 720 is, but whatever.

Therefore, I have nothing that I need to get at this fair.





















This mission I'm on in Avadon is weird. It feels like I'm supposed to hate Avadon right now.

But after some thought, I realized that this probably is probably meant to be a painful moral dilemma.

In this case, the warlord of a foreign tribe is found guilty of helping a wizard perform banned magics including necromancy and experimenting on civilians against their will.

Obviously, I have to arrest or kill the warlord. Yet if I do that, I will leave the tribe drastically weakened and it will probably fall to their neighbours very soon. I cannot simply take the man because his entire tribe has to protect him for their own protection, which is because they don't have a system that allows for quick succession in situations where the leadership is suddenly removed.

Without his leadership, however cruel it is, their bloodthirsty neighbours will not hesitate to strike.

I want to leave them be, because with the wizard dead at this point, he can't do it again anymore. Yet Avadon cannot afford to show mercy to criminals when the peace it protects is already fragile enough.

There is no choice at this chapter of the game. I must kill him and, in the process, kill all of his soldiers protecting him. Clearly, by the time I leave, the tribe will not only lack leadership but also the strength to defend itself.

Neither option is good but one of them, the only one I'm allowed to pick, benefits my side, Avadon.























So my bro finally got a job as a consultant at a small consultancy firm. Not sure if it's good but at this point, I'm glad he has a full-time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment