Saturday 13 November 2010

Rant 660 / Mugging Is (Obviously) Boring.



XD











It's actually quite amazing how this song was turned into the other song. I wish I get sudden inspirations like the one it took to make "I Think I Like It" using just this song.








I didn't know pocket-sized projectors are old news.











 I've recently switched to the new editor, which explains the larger gaps. Since I can now enlarge the edit box, I no longer have something solid to measure my Enter key spam against. I'm guessing, so I've been overestimating how far down I really am going.









More young men in Singapore are getting hearing difficulties today. Apparently, local men below the age of 40 seem to stick "all sorts of things" into their ears. I'm a little surprised. Shouldn't they go into their asses? I mean, Changi Beach, if you know what I mean. Why would they stick things in their ears too?

Anyway since people like to read lists, including myself, here's a pointless list of 5 things that men under 40 shouldn't insert into their ears.

1) Floppy disks. They go into the A drive, not the E drive.
2) Tokens. A new challenger might appear.
3) Keys. The eyes may be the window to the soul, but the ears aren't the door despite the proximity.
4) Coins. Why be a loan shark when you can just work in a bank?
5) Fingers. One of the most sensitive of appendages of the human body, men just seem to like to stick their fingers into every orifice they can find. Even ears, apparently, despite most fingers being too large to fit inside any ear canal.











Yea, just learnt a new HTML trick. Highlight the words to make them visible, in case you haven't guessed that. All it does is make the font colour the same as the background colour. I could also just change the font colour to white, but that will stop working when I change the background template in the future.









Ordered Pastamania yet again. An educated guess was confirmed when I dug a little about why she's been telling me to order delivery so often this week.

It's the end of the year, the big holiday season. My mum specializes in winter wear.

So again I ordered some things I've never tried. Btw there are 4 pastas to choose from: spaghetti, linguini, fusilli and whole wheat spaghetti (+$0.30). Pic in Wikipedia of the linguini is misleading. The cooked form is much wider and basically looks like a thicker version of the mee pok.

1 Seafood Tom Yum Linguini
1 Turkey Bacon Cheesy Crumble Fusilli
1 Dory Baked Rice
1 Pomodoro Fusilli
1 Cheesy Crumble
1 Banana Dessert Pizza
1 Bacon and BBQ Chicken Panini

First the Pomodoro. It's actually just a pasta in a tomato sauce with herbs. I was hungry and was having difficulty deciding between an upsized pasta or two normal pasta (1 cheaper and 1 normal). In the end I took the second. There were 2 options for the cheapest pasta, which were the Pomodoro and the Aglio Olio. I had a bad experience with the Aglio Olio when I tried it back in NTU's Canteen B, so I picked the Pomodoro instead.

It's quite sour but good. I was hungry so I found it to be a pretty good appetizer. For people with normal appetite it could probably be split between 2-3 people as appetizer. I don't know. Using this as appetizer is probably quite unorthodox anyway.

Second is the Seafood Tom Yum. It's probably the best thing in the menu I've tasted so far. Very creamy, so maybe some people wouldn't like it. A little spicy but not enough to actually label it as spicy. Reminded me of the creamy curry chicken I had at Pulau Perhentian.

The baked rice was bad. I don't like soft rice, and the baked rice was very soft, almost paste-like. Maybe white people like their rice prepared like their oatmeal, but we don't. If it was a little more watery I could have said they gave us congee with fish and cheese. It's Pastamania after all, so I won't fault them for sucking at non-pasta products.

The turkey bacon cheesy crumble fusilli was probably very good. As I've said many times before, my bro never eats much for dinner. Today, after finishing this pasta, he came searching for more food. Since the volume of pasta hasn't changed, the conclusion is obvious. So I handed him the baked rice, which really stopped his hunger. Returned me half of it saying it was very delicious in a very sarcastic manner. I tried it after that, hence the previous paragraph.

I haven't tried the Cheesy Crumble and may not try it this time. It's going to be breakfast and my bro will probably have it since he's always up earlier than me. Should be good since the only difference between it and the pasta my bro had was the turkey bacon.

Already tried the panini the last time I ordered Pastamania. It's very good, but the Bacon and BBQ Chicken is the only panini I'm willing to try. None of the others sound as good as this one.

Dessert was the banana pizza again. Holy crap it tastes so much better when fresh! The other time I had it, it was the day after I ordered it so it was in the fridge overnight before entering my mouth.








Entered a stream just in time for to see the stream's host thanking us for watching Foxer lose with him. Foxer lost. I missed all the games. Oh damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment