Tuesday 7 April 2009

Rant 340 / I'm Not Normally A Praying Man, But If You're Somewhere Up There, Please Save Me, Superman!

It is usually easy to guess the prices of food in Singapore. Just last night I found this box of sandwiches from some bakery (I think) hiding in my fridge and proceeded to consume it as supper. It was damn good. Six small sandwiches (1/2 X 4cm X 6cm), all neatly cut triangles without crusts and arranged in a row that fit nicely in a clear plastic rectangular box. One was missing, no doubt used as a sample by my bro, but the remaining flavours of the 5 were:

1 egg with mayo
2 tuna with mayo
1 crab, probably also with mayo
1 potato salad, which I believe to be just potato cubes with mayo

This morning I just threw a number which I considered overpriced but barely possible, certainly a number I personally wouldn't pay for.

Five dollars.

My mum confirmed it. On average, each sandwich was a whopping eighty-three cents. It was worth it, considering the quality, but not something we would buy on a regular basis.

I'm finding it easy to guess the prices of local food. The trick is to get "a number which I consider overpriced but barely possible".






Placing all 20 songs from the Fallout 3 OST here. A few were banned from Youtube due to copyright violations/Youtube Nazi-bot, so the next best versions were taken (eg Crazy He Calls me, Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall). May remove them when I finally get tired of them. Until then, enjoy the long loading time. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment