Thursday 10 April 2008

Rant 122 / Poutine = Cheese Fries + Gravy = Sounds Delicious

Emailed most of my fake motivational posters to the BC a couple of days ago. No reply as of today. Either they're lacking in e-manners or they didn't receive it. Whatever.






No idea why I have to wake up at 12am. Been sleeping for 6 hours since 2 days ago, which is 3 hours less than my optimum. Yet I'm still waking at 12am tonight. Heck, I slept at 6.30pm just now and woke at 11.30pm. So I kept myself calm and forced myself to sleep again, but I woke up again at 1am feeling refreshed.

Strange. I'm becoming nocturnal, in an unorthodox sense. Usually nocturnal people sleep in the morning, but I sleep in the evening. Wonder what's going to happen if I ever need to go out in the evening. Probably skip a night of sleep.

But I'll be buying Half-Life 2 Ep1 after exams, which means I'll most likely be playing in the U.S. servers. So my current sleeping hours are perfectly fine for that.Woot! Zombie Panic 2 coming in 20+ days' time!




Another great news for me just now. Code Geass R2 is out and subbed!! RAWR!!





Yay! Another 1M donated in the past 3 hours. Can't remember how many I made before restarting the bot at 1am.





Find that putting my laptop on this large plastic board (that once served as a box cover) only cools it as efficiently as if I placed it on my desk. Its upper left corner where the most active ventilator is always gets very hot. Maybe someday I should get a fan or something and a modified board. Or maybe one of those cooling boards or whatever they're called.

Testing a GIF file again.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Found this article describing the best audio/video system I've ever seen. I was speechless when I saw the pics. See it for yourself. This is probably what rich people do when they finally think they've made enough.




Found this song by Bobby McFerrin called Don't Worry Be Happy. His a cappella songs are pretty good. I guess from the sound of it he makes those drum-beat-like sounds by hitting his chest. Usually these beats coincide with his consonants (sounds of t, d etc), but when those beats are not accompanied by consonants, it sounds like short interrupts in his songs.

Overall I thought he was damn good at a capella. I've always found it hard to keep a the rhythm without some sort of cue/help while singing a song.


Finally got a copy of the film Soylent Green. WOOT! Probably going to watch it after the exams. Can't wait.



Just checked my yahoo mail after a month of neglect and found this email from acmabooks about some minor damage to one of the corners of my copy of Feast for the Crows. They gave me a choice of either a discount of $1.83 or a new copy which would require another 2-14 days. They stated that they were waiting for my reply and the email was 8 days old lol! Anyway of coz it was too little, so I asked for a new copy. A longer wait is fine, since I'm having exams anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment