Tuesday 8 April 2008

Rant 120 / "Pwn" Is Not "Pawn", But A Stronger Version Of "Own", Which Means "Trash"

Found 2 problems with the Ricemaker bot.

First, I was wrong when I guessed that the bot crashes due to Connection Time Out's. In fact, I find that threads can disappear without crashing the bot. I discovered that when I used 5 threads while doing something else. When I checked the bot after a while, only 3 threads were appearing. Therefore, I concluded that crashing threads =/= crashing bot.

Second, apparently something is very wrong with its usage of dict.org. Started last night, when I found its accuracy at 5% and generating rice 10+ grains/s with 30 threads. So I expanded the command prompt it was in and saw that every single entry that uses dict.org to check for definition gives a wrong answer. Absolutely no idea why. When I tested dict.org myself, the definitions I get were correct.

I guess I have to make it skip dict.org now. Another command to add to its starting commands.... it's already pretty long and inconvenient as it is now:

ricemaker.py -t50 -l2 -m7

and now I have to add "-bdict.org" too.





Tried baking salmon just now. The notion of baking fish started last night when I woke up. I remembered this piece of salmon left in the freezer for more than a month and was wondering if it was still edible. Since it was probably way past its expiry date, I took it out and opened it to see if there was any odour.

It was frozen, so that was no smell. Being too lazy to wait for it to thaw before testing again, I sprinkled black pepper on it liberally, wrap it with its original wrapper and put it in my fridge for a slow thaw cum marination.

At 7.30am, I started to prepare my breakfast. Took out the salmon, thought it smelled slightly wrong. But I decided that the baking process will solve the problem. With a piece of butter-covered aluminium foil, I wrapped the salmon up neatly and placed it in the oven. Using the maximum heat at 230 degrees C, I baked it for 14mins.

The recipes I checked on the Net either stated about 17mins at 175 degrees C or "depends on the size of the salmon". So I decided on 230 degrees at 14mins, which is about the same, to me.

When I took it out finally, it didn't smell as wrong anymore, but it was not cooked thoroughly, so I put it back in and baked for another 15mins at 230 degrees.

At last, it was done, after 30mins of waiting. I eagerly poured it out, with the melted butter and all, onto my plate. I cut out a small piece and put it into my mouth. It didn't take long for it to happen. What struck me at that point was the truth. It was not my 1337 skills that affected my cooking. Not was it the lack of spices and stuff.

The fish was really way past its expiry date.







--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING! SKIP THE FOLLOWING PART IF YOU ARE STILL AN INNOCENT LITTLE KID WHO CANNOT STAND EXTREMELY OBSCENE IDEAS!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!




Was looking through a list of videos in some forums yesterday when I saw this video's description: why u shouldn't stick something into your urethra.

Being a sane young man, I thought it was a funny video about dildos stuck in pussys, so I clicked on it. While I waited for it to load, I checked its comments. And thank whatever powers that are out there that I did. The comments ranged from short ones like "..." to something about "forks and pens" to extremely tortured screams like "OMFG YOU SICK BASTARD!"

That kinda made me close the browser tab right away. Close shave, but the idea still gives me the shivers now. Seriously.

Brrr...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Noticed that one of the worst time to use the Net is about 8-10am. My bot crashed a lot during these few hours whenever I have 10 threads or more running. People shouldn't surf for pr0n so early in the morning. Kidding. I know everyone checks his/her email and etc at this time when they arrive in their offices, or even at home. Sucks.





After the last few days' torture, my sleeping hours have finally stabilized at a more acceptable time. I am beginning to start sleeping at 6pm and waking at 12am. Happened the day before and yesterday. This is much better than sleeping 6am, at least for now. Sleeping at 6am is the best because I get to do everything in the silence of the night, but only when school is not an important factor.






Seriously, why "Free Tibet"? Those protesters are morons. Tibet doesn't need to be free. Tibet should not be free! Shit, if Tibet wasn't part of China all these years it would still be the mountain shithole today that it once was. If not for China's help, they wouldn't have developed shit! Even the Dalai Lama understands that.

What the Dalai Lama is a measure of autonomy. He doesn't want Tibet to be separate from the wealth of China. He just want a separate system for Tibet. But all those idiots with their ignorance and hot blood just want to "Free Tibet". How can an independent Tibet survive in the world today? What do they have but rocks? They don't even have enough flat land to build on!
Entrepot? LOL!!!

The "Free Tibet" supporters should read a little more on what they're really protesting for, or do the world a favour and shoot themselves in the head together with the skeptics of global warming.

And many of those reports we see are phrased to make it sound different from what really happened. Like the casualties. Not all reports on the Net mentioned who were killed, and without stating that it was mainly the Han Chinese who were the victims, many people would assume that it was the Tibetans who were killed fighting Chinese troops.

True that the Tibetan genes are probably going to be replaced by the Chinese genes in the future, but without China to depend on, they're going to live really shitty lives. According to the Wikipedia's article on Tibet's economy, "the Central Chinese government exempts Tibet from all taxation and provides 90% of Tibet's government expenditure."

Free Tibet. Genius with a capital "G".

So, should they lose their Tibetan identity or live in poverty and under constant threat of a Chinese invasion? And who's going to support their independence? Are they going to be like Taiwan, sucking up to the U.S. 24/7 just to prevent China from completely pwning them with a sneeze?

Both ways are shit, but if they would just think about their descendants, perhaps turning into Chinese is a preferable choice compared to making their kids' future look dark as Hell. I mean, all Chinese people have ancestors who suffered that fate. When the First Emperor conquered all the kingdoms, they lost their identities. It became worse when he unified the Chinese language and burnt all those books. It happened again at the end of the famous war between the 3 kingdoms. So, Tibet, you aren't anything special in the eyes of the Chinese.

So far in every leg of the Olympics torch relay, there have been pro-Tibetan protesters making trouble for the torch-bearers. This is sad and stupid. The world is full of fools.

Pro-Tibetan separatists,






I have spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment