Tuesday 31 August 2010

Rant 609 / French Tanks Have One Neutral Gear And Five Reverse

One study shows that Omega-3 may not be as beneficial to your health as previous studies had reported. Since I don't eat butter/margarine much, I'll stick with butter. Anyway I think a lot of people have forgotten the delight of eating a plain butter sandwich with lots of butter. When I say "lots", I mean when you've finished spreading it, the surface must be perfectly smooth.

/drool

It's the next best thing to eating butter. Now that is an expensive habit.













Suddenly, I realize life is about grinding! We're all in a gigantic MMO!!













I was so wrong about Heroes of Might and Magic Online! I have completely no idea where I got the idea from that this game only accepts IPs from the US! It's completely the other way round - only Asian IPs are allowed!!

So I downloaded and tried it. It's free to play with cash shop.

The game is really 2.5D, ie 2D with nice sprites. It's an online version of HoMM 5 but with much worse graphics and slightly different game mechanics.

For example, your skills are no longer as simple as just 3 levels. In HoMMO (other meaning is coincidental), all skills have 9 levels. You gain skill points as you level and you spend on to learn these skills. As the levels rise, so do the skill point costs.

You can choose to PvE or PvP depending on whether you feel like playing against the AI or a real player. From what I've seen, there are ranks for PvP, which works the same way as blings irl.

There are also daily quests to keep you occupied for a while daily but I've not gone any further than that.

Your town in the online game is much more expensive to upgrade. Resources aren't found lying everywhere since it's a single persistent world. Instead you have to complete quests for them and many of these quests involve fighting with AI. Oh, and there are random encounters.

Combat is similar except the special abilities of the units are absent, at least in the beginning for newbies.











Title of this rant is something I saw a conversation in UWO when we were discussing European history. Thought it was pretty funny. It's a reference to how France surrendered in two wars, WWII and Vietnam War.













So one thing led to another, and I returned to this article on Westboro Baptist Church. They are an independent group of Christians that got famous when they decided to visit the funerals of homosexuals and put up signs that say, "God hates fags," in bold and taunt the parents saying their sons are going to Hell.

So this is a strange problem: are these guys going to hell themselves?

This church is also saying that the Roman Catholics and Muslims worship Satan and that members of all other Christian groups that do not hate homosexuals are destined for Hell.

In other words, if you're not with them, you're fucked. Which coincidentally is what Islam is saying too.

This is getting complicated, man. Which one should I pick the day before I die?













Last surviving participant of the first World Cup ever
has just died. Another piece of history withers away. Soon there will be no one alive who has witnessed that event first-hand, then it becomes ancient history.














So the other day when I mentioned I preferred the slice of pizza to watching the movie, I also noticed the pizza appeared smaller than I remembered. Not only that, but the crust seems to be quite different.

So I checked the website again and holy crap! The pizzas from Pizzahut have shrunk again, but only for Family Favourites.

Now Family Favourites come in 12-inches instead of 13.

Though it wasn't mentioned in any of their flyers, their crusts for pan pizzas have also changed a little, being flatter than before. The taste remains the same however. Maybe they switched suppliers.













Digital girlfriends are now getting more real, at least in Japan. I guess that's a great idea for getting them out of the house and seeing actual girls.













So Uncharted Waters Online is getting more interesting, but still not interesting enough to keep me glued to the screen. I've just learnt that there are several skills that I can learn that will keep my crew's maintenance costs (food, water etc) down. All I need to do is complete some quests to gain some port permits to go to several towns.

Btw if anyone plans to join, tell me here by posting a comment. There are rewards for getting friends to join :P

No comments:

Post a Comment