Saturday 14 August 2010

Rant 599 / Celeryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Oh shit India and Pakistan are dangerous places to get injured now! A bacteria that's resistant to strong antibiotics is now infecting people who were hurt enough to be hospitalized there. I'm not criticizing the hygiene of those hospitals but if any bacteria exists in significant amounts in the places that have above average hygiene standards, they have to be pretty tough.

"The epicentre of the presence of this bacteria seems to be India and Pakistan, but it appears through contact and travel, its spread is becoming wider," Glupczynski, a bacteriologist, said. British medical journal The Lancet reported this week that bacteria containing the NDM-1 gene had been found in 37 Britons who had received medical treatment in South Asia, while three cases have been reported in Australia.

Scary.













The first thing I thought of when I saw this was... him.













Give me CELEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!



Let's interface!



I remember this guy mainly for his role as Melchett in the Blackadder series.






I've been looking at your panties.















:O


You know, I have the feeling New Vegas was made because the original guys were unhappy about Fallout 3. I've read that the guys at Interplay had always seen the Fallout series as their "baby". Knowing the extreme differences between Fallout 3 and its 2 predecessors, I know they have to be upset a little.

For example, the Enclave and the Brotherhood of Steel were never the biggest factions in the previous Fallout games. Yet in Fallout 3, they were the only factions in action. The New California Republic, which was the largest organization in the Fallout universe, didn't even get a mention there.

Worse was how if you take a step back and look at the plot of FO3 in its entirety, you'd see that it was actually a tiny matter blown out of proportions. Seriously, a big fight over a water purifier? Back in the first FO we were fighting an army of Super Mutants trying to take over the world!

If pure water was that precious, obviously the NCR would have tried to get their hands on it. After all, they were trying to become the new government of what used to be the US. The Enclave can say whatever they want, but they have only some technologies (which were not even the most advanced in the FO universe) and a relatively small army. The Brotherhood are supposed to be just a bunch of armed scholars, not a military force.

Hence New Vegas, which stars NCR among other organizations.

On the other hand, I don't think Interplay can dramatize their events as skillfully as Bethesda. The blinding light when you got out of the Vault the first time in FO3, how can anything beat that?












Just watched the first two James Bond movies, which were in the Sean Connery era. Critics have always compared later James Bonds with him, but as someone who watched the later James Bond before seeing Sean Connery in his performances, I have to say he was bloody cool but kind of overrated.

You see, I feel that the original James Bond was the product of his times. Back then people in movies talk that way and have almost wooden facial expressions most of the time, which some people interpret as cool. Seriously, if some dude in the movie kept his face still throughout the entire movie, he'd be so cool the cinemas could save on air-conditioning.













Gah! The ST350 presses so hard on my ears, it's painful to take them off! It's also too small, so if I wear it normally such that the headband is pressing on my head, it's kind of uncomfortable. If I don't, it keeps slipping off my ears despite the pressure.

Good thing I have yet another spare headset. Also have a pair of spare earphones but I'm leaving that as a last resort and temporary solution.

This TDK ST150 is bigger and has softer earpads. But instead of the fake leather-like material that the ST350 used, the pads are made of a cloth material, so I worry it will absorb sweat and have all sorts of consequences I don't want to think about.

Now I know what to look out for when I buy headphones in the future.

1) Must be supra-aural.
2) Must have big headbands.
3) Earpads must not be made of absorbent materials.

But this ST150 has significantly poorer sound quality. It's much more muffled and now that I'm testing it with the Disciples 3 music on this blog, I can barely hear the male choir voices. Strong bass, complete absence of crispness of sound.












And I haven't even voted. Guess I don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment