Tuesday 29 June 2010

Rant 570 / Five Seventy

Most of what I talk about here isn't about my life. That's only because nothing is happening in my life other than a few depressing things that I'd rather not mention. That's the trouble with life - even if you don't go out and find problems, problems will find you. Unfortunately, being a never-ending series of problems is exactly what life is.

Of course you will encounter people telling you that they should be seen as opportunities and you will be successful in life if you do. The thing nobody tells you is that people who are actually successful are in the minority. Those with the same mindset but failed became part of the majority of humans who keep silent and fade away in the mass of faces on the streets.

Even if I lock myself in an airtight titanium box with ample supplies of food, water and air, I'm still going to run into problems. I know I have to deal with them but I still don't feel like doing it. Solving them is not going to stop the source and to remove the root of the problems is out of question.












Just found this twitter from Wikipedia. Was on the front page. It's basically a record of quotes spoken by the guy's father. The language may be foul but he's hilarious.













There isn't much to talk about these days. The tropical storm that may hit the big BP spill may cause oil to fall from the sky after, but there's really nothing to discuss about this. I want to make French onion soup but I feel too lazy to go out to buy some gruyere cheese.

A local celeb made another big mess. Unfortunately for her, it isn't a crime to be rude. Even more unfortunately for her, tearing out stuff from a taxi is. If I remember it correctly, Comfort drivers only help with our luggage as a gesture of goodwill and this service isn't included in the fare. That's what I think it says on the labels on the windows anyway. In addition, not being familiar with the route and braking hard is pretty normal for local cab drivers, according to my experience.

The entire article, though seemingly unbiased, is pretty well-phrased to make her look like a complete bitch. Do they study the art of writing subtle hints as a subject in Journalism in uni? The most obvious part was in the following line:

"The vivacious TV host, however, denied the allegations."

Immediately, there's that negative effect similar to what I felt when I saw how BP tried to blame the other company when news of the spill first spread.

Oh and the report on the $1200 fish at Feng Shui Inn at Resort World was funny. Too bad they couldn't get a picture of his face when he saw the bill. A close approximation would probably be this:

No comments:

Post a Comment