Thursday 10 June 2010

Rant 558 / Bailey's And Bourbon Ice Cream

Oh shit! The next bubble may be stocks themselves! Makes sense, but I'm no economist. Heck, it would make sense to me even if they say gold is the next bubble, seeing how everyone has been buying it so much in recent years.












Playing mostly Left 4 Dead 2 now. People on Garena are hosting new custom maps which makes the game more interesting. The new campaigns like The Passing are also very well-made.

After returning from Malaysia and settling all the other issues that were waiting for me, I installed it and found that I haven't played since many patches ago. My reflexes were also very rusty. For half an hour after I first joined a game, I frickin sucked.

The gameplay differences were not very significant but there are a number of modes I've never seen before that we can use now. For example, I've just tried the Headshot-only mode yesterday on Normal difficulty. Bloody hard. Not Expert-difficulty hard but almost there. In this mode, all guns and melee weapons must hit the head to kill the normal zombies excluding the grenade launcher and those with fire-ammo. This means that the common Infected actually poses a much larger problem than the special Infected in this mode on Normal.

Another was the M60 mode. In this mode, players could only use the M60 machine gun. It does not make sense that a human can fire this so easily without mounting it on its bipod but it's just a game anyway. The host had set it to Expert difficulty but it felt like Normal to me. Everything died so quickly that it wasn't very fun.












I'm looking forward to the coming E3. This is why:

Microsoft Corp is expected to announce a name and launch date for its "Project Natal" controller-free system at the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles. Sony Corp will show off its competing Move motion-sensor, and Nintendo Co will give the first glimpse of its new 3D handheld device.


I want to see how the 3D is achieved in the handheld device and how the "controller free system" is used. I think video game consoles are all getting closer to becoming gym equipment now. All thanks to Wii.













South Korea's second attempt at sending stuff into space failed. Everyone is trying to fling metal objects into the sky these days. What I find odd is that the space agencies don't seem to be sharing their knowledge. All these rockets appear to be designed by the countries they originate from. Why aren't they sharing? Why the secrecy? Things may advance much faster if they do, right? I want affordable space tourism to begin in my lifetime!!












Just because prices of some stocks are dropping doesn't mean it looks logical to buy. Take BP for example. Will it recover to pre-2010 level after this current problem has been resolved and the president removed?

Obviously it won't go bankrupt. Just one spill, unless it's large enough to cover the entire Atlantic, won't kill a corporation of this size. But the damage done to it is a different matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment