Thursday 2 July 2009

Rant 384 / Insensitivity


MJ's second autopsy results showed that he was really Zero from Code Geass. Now we understand how he was never convicted for paedophilia-related crimes.







In other news, Amazon now has a new public relations policy.






Renowned author R.L. Stine is back with the latest addition in his bestselling Goosebumps series. Entitled "Stay Out of the Basement", Mr Stine claims to have drawn his inspiration from an Australian hero he had read about in the papers.





I can't think of anything to say for this. I don't think anything needs to be said for this.














It used to be that scientists believed that fapping too often is bad for health. Now, they believe that frequent ejaculation can lead to better sperm quality. It doesn't matter how, as long as ejaculation does happen. If you're having wet dreams every single night, that's fine too.










No idea what caused the pauses during Empires games, but resetting the computer seems to have solved the problem. No computer problem now. =D








I think I've figured out why I've never been able to get the achievement awards in Mass Effect for playing most of the game with Liara and Tali, even though I have them in my squad the moment I get them.

It is my habit of completing all available sidequests when I have them. What I should do is to ignore them and complete the main storyline till I get Liara, then go on with sidequests.

But it's too late. I've already done too many quests even before I thought of this. At the moment John Shepard III has just been promoted to Spectre and has Wrex and Tali in the squad. Maybe I should go on and get the awards for both because so far I've only got the award for completing most of the game with human teammates.

But then again, I'm not having enough firepower with this combination.



Mass Effect on Insane difficulty is hard not just because of the combat, but also because of the decryption and etc for opening crates.

First, containers tend to require Master level of the 2 Tech skills used for opening locks very early. Right after I first left the Citadel for some sidequests, I've come across boxes that need Master Decryption to open. I barely had Advanced level for it!

Second, the minigame for unlocking containers at Advanced difficulty on Insane mode is the same as the toughest on Easy Mode. Not that I can't beat them but it is interesting to see how hard it is going to get at the end.










At first, I thought that is why Christians don't have ecclesiastical courts these days. I mean, that isn't too bad a deal for the rapist.

Then I realized that today, you're NOT supposed to read the Bible and actually listen to the words of God through it. No, if you want to read the words of God you're supposed to go all the way back to the original transcripts. The Bible is meant for... I don't really know. If you're not supposed to understand the words in the Bible in the context that it was written in, then what's the point of the book?

Anyway, the actual meaning is quite vague, though mostly it is believed to mean that if a guy gets caught for having sex with a virgin girl, he must pay her dad 50 pieces of silver and be married to her forever.

In addition, the first law of all laws is that what is not forbidden is allowed. Hence, if the girl isn't a virgin, it's totally fine and everyone can go on with their lives. Also, if she has no father, the guy gets a discount of 50 silvers. Lastly, "girl" here is rather vaguely defined, so as long as the person is legally female, this law applies. Hence a MtF transsexual in Malaysia is not obliged to be married to her rapist, but if she was raped in Singapore her father will get 50 silvers. If there is a Christian ecclesiastical court in both of these places, of course.

Actually I'm just kidding - I wouldn't know if the religious court would accept her gender status as female.

No comments:

Post a Comment