Wednesday 11 April 2007

Rant 048 / If You Fight Death, You Live For Nothing

Someday, if I open a restaurant, I'm going to name it This Life Or The Next.

If it is going to offer set meals, I'm going to name them My Second Childhood, My Previous Marriage, Pre-Nuptial Agreement and The Next Phase Of My Life. If more is needed, more will be created then.

If you don't understand, imagine a customer inviting a friend to eat at my restaurant. He's going to say something like," Let's eat at This Life Or The Next!" or "I'm going to eat at This Life Or The Next. Wanna join me?"

And when a waiter introduces customers to the set meals, they're going to say something like," In My Previous Marriage, we have chicken chops with..."

Or when a customer orders a meal, he might say," I'd like to have a Pre-Nuptial Agreement."

Makes the place easy to remember, eh?

And maybe the meals will be themed according to the name. Like My Second Childhood will have more traditional food or maybe it will contain more dessert like ice cream, My Previous Marriage will be a cheap meal(or call it "economy" if you like), and The Next Phase Of My Life will be something modern, whatever is considered modern or even futuristic at the time.

And I can name the chocolate sundae "Day Dreams", the vanilla milkshake "Sweet Dreams", and a dessert for two "Wet Dreams".

Heck, maybe I'll name a dish "Rentboy". Something really evil, really sinful. Maybe the chocolate-coated insects I saw somewhere. That's bound to confuse the police. "Yea, we have Rentboys here!"

And I'll name a pasta dish "Wife", and another "Mistress". "Wife" will be something more filling but has only average taste, and "Mistress" can be a really sweet and colourful dessert! Maybe they will even be the components of The Next Phase Of My Life!

And maybe a set called "Husband" that's basically beer and peanuts. LOL!

A restaurant like that is going to cost a bomb to maintain, with the variety of food that will be served.





C&C3 is good! The campaign is similar to Tiberian Sun in that all 3 campaigns revolve around the exact same story in the same time-line and that each campaign reveals different parts of the whole. And the Brutal AI is tough. Even Hard is pretty hard.

A Feast for Crows is very good too. Just what I expected from George R.R. Martin. Except that the book only focused on several of the current main characters.

And a "good" character dies again! Hanged by another "good" character gone mad! Talk about sudden twists. If you follow the series you'd never have expected that person to be the one to hang her.

But my favourite Tyrion is missing! The author has stated that he will appear in the next book along with the rest of the missing people. That means another year or two of waiting. Again :/

But at the rate the deaths are going, much of the plots in the series will be obsolete, and useless if you just want to understand the ending, because there is almost no connection between some of the dead people and the final part of the story. It's simply too long a chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment