Tuesday 20 February 2007

Rant 020 / Hot Dogs Are Not Dogs. Hot Docs are not Hot.

Today I won a round of Citadels by not thinking very much! I lost many rounds before when I thought too much. I could predict most of my friends' choices of characters with about 50% accuracy, ± 30%( although sometimes people can screw me up by being a one-step thinker...). I dodged all the thievery and assassinations but lost the games. Yes I won all the battles and lost the war :P . This time, I didn't bother to predict much and took either King or Witch whenever I thought it wouldn't be too obvious for me to take them. True enough my money was stolen twice, but I was never possessed. And I won by a 1-point lead. Barely, all thanks to a great friend who chose Magician and randomly swapped hands with one player who was trying to build some fantastic structure at the last turn. Because my money was stolen at that last turn, and I could see that 2 players were hitting the 20-point mark( I had 29 points right then including 3 points for having 5 colours and 4 for being the first to get 8 structures), I decided not to drag the game on any longer to build the best structure in my hand, and finished my turn with a simple 3-gold structure. Someone could have just chosen the Architect and finished the game before I built my last( I was King) and stole that 4 point bonus. A close victory, but I learnt not to worry too much and think about dodging the thieves, assassins and witches all the time. They may steal from the King, but in the next round...


Citadels is a board game, but doesn't consist of any boards, only cards.



The law is a shield that protects its users only from people who use the same shield. People who do not use that shield are able to strike at such users with ease. In other words, if your attacker doesn't give a damn about laws, you're screwed. Therefore, should we follow the law? Yes, because laws guide a majority of the people of this world on how to live. Laws, therefore, protects a majority of Earth's population from itself. It may seem pointless to phrase it this way, but it is really the part about guidance that is the necessity. Yes, a majority of Earth's population will not know how to behave, and how to live decently if not for the Law. They cannot figure out for themselves that Order is really more beneficial than Chaos, in the long run. If you still do not get what I mean, here's the summary: Most people are stupid. But they are necessary as the foundation of civilization. Without fools, who'll need the help of leaders?

If you aren't stupid this way, you are stupid in that way. There is no escape. You are not perfect and you never will be, because perfection is this context(perfectly good/beautiful/etc) is imperfection. True perfection is a well balanced mix of both good and bad.

Short periods of Chaos is fine, like wars for example, because Chaos brings out the hidden strength in Mankind, kind of like exercise, and strips away the deadwood. To prove this, just check out how many great deeds are done, and how often, during war times and peace times. Check out the major scientific advances in both kinds of times, and you will notice that pattern. People work harder when in chaotic or rougher situations. But to have it for too long may have negative effects too, very similar to doing too much exercises. Therefore, wars must occur throughout the existence of humanity, because they are a necessity.



Beware the dogs. They mew.



Deliberately setting a house on fire is wrong. You kill an entire ecosystem with just a match and some liquid fuels. The ants, the flies, the house lizards and the pesticide. See the chain?




To remove old blood stains from a piece of cloth, cut it out.




Seeing a fish floating belly-up in a pond will require immediate action to remove the dead fish before it's rotting fluids ooze out and pollute the water. Therefore, turn head when you see a dead fish and forget you ever saw it. Life is easy when you move fast.



Loyalty kills. Be sensible, be disloyal. See where loyalty got Yue Fei?



Chinese monks are an oxymoron. The most famous and legendary monk in Chinese history ate meat, indulged in wine and encouraged cannibalism by giving away balls of dead skin the size of golf balls claiming its a miracle cure, while monks are supposed to be strict vegetarians, must abstain from alcohol and no one eats their black dead skin balls.



George Washington was a great capitalist. At a very young age, he knew it was wrong to cut down a cherry tree, simply because he understood that the cherries he could have gotten would provide a better income then that piece of timber he chopped down.



To fully comprehend the importance of life-and-death situations, proceed to smash a one-litre glass bottle on the head of a professional heavy-weight wrestler. Now sit down and observe the results.



Sex terrorists use sex bombs.



I saw, and I defied.








LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!!









Do you always believe what you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment