Saturday 31 August 2013

Rant 1169 / Bacteria, Bugs, Bed and BO

Yep, just a horrendous amount of dust mite and/or dust mite shit that caused the allergic reaction.

Now my spray's getting close to empty. Probably should call Allercare for more and probably get a mattress casing too.




















Why isn't Dettol considered a household necessity? Not the other newer Dettol products, I'm talking about the brownish concentrated solution, the original stuff. Heck, most of the soaps we use are unnecessary when we have Dettol.

After using it for a week or so, I've come to the conclusion that all BO easily be removed just by using Dettol once a day. That liquid is the most effective antiseptic stuff I've ever used on myself.

All Wikipedia says is that it's toxic to animals and can be toxic to human through ingestion or inhalation. "Inhalation" made me worry at first but then I read that the one man who might have died from Dettol inhalation habitually placed buckets of that stuff everywhere in his flat.

Yeah, no problem there.



















I hate it when I have to play against competitive players in NS2. They are just so hard to sneak up to and their aim is always so awesome. The only way skulks can kill them is through sheer numbers, which makes early game particularly hard given that the usual pub strategy is to divide and conquer. Rarely do skulks ever move in a pack.

Similarly, they really know how to use lerks and fades and those creatures are incredibly hard to master. Used properly, they are practically unkillable because how can you kill something that can't be hit?

 On the bright side, marines are a lot more fun now with grenades. Annoying to the aliens but definitely awesome for the marines.



















I somewhat regret being so cheap as to subscribe to M1's 3G now. It is just worse than Starhub's to the point where it sometimes doesn't even work when I'm at the office.

Now I'm considering subscribing to another 3G plan and use both simultaneously. Maybe leave the M1's in the office for my fax machine so that I can print stuff from home.



















Spent another $56 on another 3 MSW durians. Packing it into styrofoam boxes is free so it's cool. Now I'm having one a night, causing my home, my fridge and my burps to smell like durians. The constant exposure to various degrees of the durian smell is making me realize why some people think durians stink.

I don't but sometimes, at certain concentrations, the durian smell indeed smells bad. My guess is that that was their first whiff of the durian and now all degrees of concentration of the durian smell reminds them of that first smell.

Another thing is that the mao shan wang durian may not be worth the price just because it has tiny seeds. In terms of volume, the seeds aren't as small as the prices imply, so it is probably possible to get more durian flesh from cheaper durians for the same price.

Finally, the transportation of durians is so inefficient. Why can't they pack it in boxes before bringing them to the market? How fast do durians rot? Because from what I've seen, the durian flesh can easily last three days in my fridge.

It's just like how coconuts are usually chopped all around so that only there is only a thin shell around the core before they are sold. The husk is worthless and heavy, so that makes as much sense as the use of concentrated juice for the production of packaged fruit juices.

So why not do the same for durians? Since durian flesh can be easily removed whole from the shell, it cannot be a difficult task to pack all durians in sealed boxes right at the plantation. Not having to transport the shells would save them a lot on fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment