Thursday 4 July 2013

Rant 1155 / GMG Sales > Steam Sales

http://www.theonion.com/video/new-wearable-computer-also-sucks-your-dick,33017/






















I think a good movie is one in which there aren't any characters that are so annoying you wish they would just get killed by the villains.




















So I've now come to the conclusion that it is not really a feasible idea to order my groceries online. Right now I have tried S. S. Kim twice and I must say that the products there are just inferior stuff compared to even the housebrand stuff from supermarkets and anything in the wet market.

The prices aren't particularly cheap either, at least not cheap enough to make up for the difference in quality.

In fact, the only things I am satisfied with are the corn kernels, chicken nuggets, fries, bacon, meatballs, fried fishballs and chicken legs.

None of their frozen meats and sausages are good.

And after the dory fillets, I'm not interested in trying out the rest of their frozen seafood.

As far as I know that's the cheapest option online, so it looks like other than those few items, there is no cheaper way to get my food.
















So I was thinking I could also cannibalize the graphics card on the old PC that was about to be thrown away. Since it was a Radeon HD 5800 series, I thought it would work with my Radeon HD 6970. Moreover, my motherboard allows Crossfire which basically means it can handle the dual-GPU arrangement.

I took it out, checked online for guides on how to set it up... then I hit upon a hitch - the GPUs need to be in the same family model number, ie the 5800 series does not work with the 6900 series.

:(






































Ok, so Tomb Raider wasn't such a bad game after all. Other than the QTEs, I didn't notice any major mistakes in the game.

One thing I did note was the hair. Although it's great they tried to produce individual strands instead of one whole chunk, it did have the tendency to vanish when my camera's at certain angles, making Lara look very weird, like she's got some hair thinning issue or something.

However, I don't see any replay value in it and it's not exactly a fantastic game IMHO, so my final conclusion is that it's an okay game. I'm sorry if they were being honest at the beginning of the credits when they said this was the best game they could produce, but that's my opinion of the game. In fact, I find DXHR to be a better game than TR, just because sneaking all the time is so awesome.

















Now on to Remember Me. I can see why everyone says its combat sucks. It's really quite monotonous but I can handle that. No aiming, just lots of spamming. Kinda like playing a MMORPG anyways.

So far I've just reached the third chapter and I noticed two issues.

First, sometimes I don't see where I'm supposed to go and I can't move the camera.

Second, the orientation of the directions changes and remains the same at the wrong times. Usually, it changes when the camera moves, so even though I'm at the same spot, left becomes up and right becomes down. My mind does not adjust like that. My directions are oriented to the protagonist's position. Her down should be my down and her right should be my right too.

The worst is when it doesn't change when it should. I got this issue at the Kid Xmas battle where despite the camera movement and the protagonist's change in position, my WASD does not change. At one point I got so annoyed because dodging requires a direction to move towards and one does not dodge projectiles by rolling in the same direction as them.

Yet I did... several times. In one instance, I rolled to the left before the camera moved to another angle. Then I wanted to change direction again so I rolled left... and she rolled forward. I spammed the same combination and she kept rolling forward.

If I followed the camera's orientation, I would have to hit down, but I was hitting left. If I followed the character's orientation, her left was my right, therefore if I hit left, she would have rolled to my right.

No comments:

Post a Comment