Wednesday 11 November 2009

Rant 460 / One-word Titles Are Lame

So a woman survived after falling onto train tracks. I was like," What's the big deal?" Then I thought maybe it was because the woman was lying perpendicular to the tracks but escaped unscathed after the train ran over her. That would definitely hit the front page like... a speeding train. Then I clicked the link and there she was lying in the middle of the tracks, parallel to each rail.

Pffft. What's the big deal?












The US deficit rose to $1.4 trillion last fiscal year which ended on the 30th of September. I'm pretty sure it's because of inflation. The American public debt will rise to $12 trillion this week. Unemployment rate has hit 10.2% and will reach 10.5% by the middle of next year.

Things are looking pretty grim. It may not be our economy, but the Americans' money problems have this uncanny knack of spreading around the world like AIDS in a gay drug addicts' orgy.

Public debt is the amount of money the government owes, eg through bonds and securities (they're the government's way of borrowing money). Since China is in possession of lots of US securities, it means the US owes China a lot of money.

Like I said some rants ago, China can't fuck around with the US economy in spite of this because if the USD collapses, they aren't going to get their money back.

Still, me thinks the inflation rate of the USD is worrying.












Whoa! AIG is 80% owned by US taxpayers after the bailout! It's as good as nationalised.












Starting to watch Damages. After the first three episodes, it looks pretty interesting. IS PATTY THE MASTERMIND OF THE ENTIRE THING JUST TO WIN THE CASE???? Wait, don't tell me. I don't want to spoil it for myself, not so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment