Wednesday 17 December 2008

Rant 247 / Ancient Egyptians May Have Been Used Electric Lights

Teenage girls are strutting their stuff in the revealing styles of their pop idols. But such rampant sexualisation is taking its toll on their mental health.



Feminism? Girls having control of their own sexuality? Or losing control? This is where everyone is heading in Asia when we talk about being more open-minded. Girls who haven't grown proper breasts yet and already taking pictures of themselves in their underwear or less and posting them on the Net. Hell, it's probably happening already in Singapore.

I'm not so sure it's such a good idea. They're all missing the point of revealing more skin, as I've already mentioned before.

So now they're blaming pop idols.

It is not a matter of good or bad. Things change. People become more liberal in their sex lives. People in the 1910s would never have imagined any women wearing the bikini. Everyone would have thought it scandalous to the extreme.

Yet here we are, with ladies wearing ultra-tiny bikinis that barely cover their nipples and labia but not the pubic hair, if it isn't shaved.

What now?

Let them be. If they want to be pedophile baits, whatever. Sooner or later, pedophilia is going to be legalized.

Then, the giant circular path we are taking will reveal itself. From child marriage to the outlawing of underaged sex to the legalization of child sex.

Everything comes full circle. This is no exception. Oh the irony!

Don't believe my prediction? Then imagine what people in the 19th century would have thought at the idea of thongs. Or the idea of flying in planes during the 15th century.






Apparently, I suck at typing. My self-taught style is only a measly 52wpms, making 2 mistakes in the paragraph of text I was tested with. I blame my long fingernails that make me press the wrong buttons so often I have to spam Backspace a lot of times.

Another website gave me 67.23 wpm with 10 mistakes (which I corrected and the time taken is counted in the calculation of this speed). I like this number better.








Sometimes I wish there is a recycle bin at my void deck. Ever since I left my hall, I realized I've gotten used to dumping more than half my trash in the recycling bins instead of the trash bins. Seriously, if you do it for a few months, you start to feel that you're doing something useful and meaningful when you're just throwing your rubbish. Now I find it such a waste whenever I throw rubbish down the chute at home, getting the feeling that I'm wasting stuff.

:(







Turned nocturnal since a few days ago. Right now I'm sleeping at 9am and waking at 5pm. Quite unhealthy for a human. I can't sleep well for some reason. Either my body is inherently able to rest better only at night or there are noises that wake me up in the day during my sleep that I can't remember. It is very, very convenient for me now because I can now use the TV in my living room to play my old PS2 games, those that I never managed to play before my last personal TV broke down. At the moment, just playing a decent RPG called Atelier Iris 3. Next on my list is Persona 4. Actually Persona 4 is the one I really want to play. Atelier Iris 3 is the sort that I am interested in but not quite willing to spend half my day on.

Persona 4 is strange in that it was recently released this year for PS2, even though everyone thought PS2 is a dead console. The Persona series is actually a successful spinoff of the Shin Megami Tensei series. Another notable spinoff, the Digital Devil Saga (2 games, a duology), are my favourite PS2 games. It's the only set that I have played thrice. Because of the replay bonus that allows me to keep my skills after a playthrough (but not the stats), I'll actually be quite close to godlike if I play the 2 games again.

I have no idea what the Persona games are like, other than it will be about one protaganist and a whole bunch of monsters I can fight or recruit. And it will most likely have that dark feel that most SMT games have.

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I am unable to play Persona 4 yet. Got to wait a couple more days.







Holy cow! Ancient Egyptians may have been using electric lights! Evidences from Iraq shows that they had the materials and possibly the knowledge to make primitive batteries. In fact, some of their pictures seem to depict light bulbs. How cow! Shall I use the idiom," come full circle", again?

I lament that the Romans were so eager to conquer the Egyptians that they destroyed all their culture and history, leaving us with so many questions unanswered. Damn the ancestors of the Italians! Their delicious pizzas can never offset the damage done.

No comments:

Post a Comment