Friday 12 December 2008

Rant 244 / Stop Poverty. Euthanize The Poor.

Another mad Youtube vid. I can understand why the guy on the left wore a mask. As for the final words at the end, IT'S NOT COOL!! Faggotry is never cool. Never.






Here's a game. Watch this 40s video and don't even smile. I lost at 0:19. Your turn.








Watching the second season of 24. Began with season 3, then 4, followed by 1 and now 2. After the seventh episode of the second season, I realized there are a few things that always happen.

First, there is always someone betraying the trust of the President.

Second, Jack Bauer always breaks some rules.

Third, everything Kim Bauer does seems so annoying to me. I don't know, the writers probably hate her or something. Her role in the first season wasn't so bad because the whiny behaviour of Terry Bauer was even more irritating than hers. In the third season, she was definitely the character I wanted dead the most. Now it's the same in the second season.

It's a torture to watch everytime she's on screen. The only reason I can't skip her parts is because I would miss those parts of the plot. I was so glad she did not appear in the fourth season. In fact, it was the best season I've watched so far, just because of her absence.







Something's wrong with either my blank DVD-RWs or my DVD-writer. Backed up my files on 7 DVDs and 3 have been found faulty. The first disc was blank after writing. The second disc was full but contained no data. The 6th was the same as the second. Good thing I have new books to read while I burnt them.








Watched Tenchi Universe, while is basically a different story using the same cast from the previous 3 Tenchi Muyo OVAs. The plot's style is quite different. For one, the old ones spent most of the episodes on small plots, instead of one giant story spread over all the episodes. Another difference is that the first three OVAs contained quite a number of nude scenes. No different from softcore hentai, they would have turned me on if not for my dislike for the drawing style. Women in modern hentai are just way more voluptuous than the ladies in Tenchi Muyo. For example, Discipline just fucking pwns the nude scenes in Tenchi Muyo.








V for Vendetta is a very interesting comic. Tried to read as slowly as I could but I finished Book 1 and 2 (it was all 3 comics in one book) in a day. The story is about a fascist England, quite similar to the world described in Nineteen Eighty-Four. Instead of the poor guy who secretly hated the established ways of his dystopian society, we have V who is an anarchistic genius. Though the word "anarchistic" may give you the impression that V's goal is to sow chaos, he actually follows the concepts of political anarchy that are quite different from chaos. Thus, he only aims at harming the authorities.

Anarchy means the absence of a state, or in V's words, "without leaders". Without leaders, peace is still possible. The peace, however, would be entirely voluntary and not enforced against their will. Theoretically, it sounds good as this is as far as things can go where people can live in peace and be free at the same time.

In practice, this is quite impossible because everyone desires power. Our instincts to survive include the wish to be better than everyone else. Any creatures lacking that would be weeded out by natural selection over the millenia. Therefore, as long as there is a community, there will always be a leader.

I believe the world in Fallout 3 is an example of an anarchy. There is no one to enforce laws throughout the Wastes and order is possible only in towns. If anyone disobeys the established rules of each town, they are either removed or killed.

Anarchy is quite a misunderstood concept, especially after hearing it being used to describe chaos on TV and in films. As a word, it can mean chaos. But as a political concept, it has little to do with it.








After this, 9 more books to go! I hope I can stretch them for over a month. Good books are hard to come by these days. It's just like our natural resources. At first, it is easy to find all the best books because everyone recommends them. Just like the way they found so much oil in the last century. All those freakin humongous oil deposits in the Middle East are now history. These days, oil companies are settling for smaller and less cost-efficient deposits. Same with my books. Now I have to settle for books that a significant number of the recommended book lists on Amazon.com have in common.







I'd start another "Why is Africa such a shithole?" rant but I decided against repeating my rants. Still, I question the reason behind the fact that many things that should be happening in Africa aren't happening at all. Like taking care of the pirates in Somalia. Like stopping the war in Congo. Like establishing a new government in Zimbabwe. And etc etc. Why aren't they happening? Why do the Africans like to live in Hell so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment