Saturday 17 May 2008

Rant 136 / 天理何在?

Went to the doc as instructed one morning. All he did was to bring his apprentice along and looked at my wounds(from the surgery), and..

To me: Hi, how are you?

To apprentice: This is the patient...

To me: How's the arm? Everything okay? Looks fine. See me in 2 weeks' time.

To apprentice: Get him to see me in 2 weeks' time.

To nurse: Change the dressing also.


And she cleaned the wounds and changed the dressing on my shoulder. And the bill was $82.

$82.

天理何在??!?



But I realized how uncomfortable it is for me to walk. I had to hold my forearm to absorb the shocks when I walk or there will be jolts of slight pain after each step. Anything faster than a brisk walk is out of question.

At least I can wear a shirt properly.





Reaper is a lousy tv show. It started with an interesting story but turned out to be shit. This show is about a boy whose soul was sold to the Devil before he was born. According to the agreement, his soul would be owned by the Devil when he turned 21. Instead of taking him to Hell on his 21st birthday, the Devil made him his bounty hunter to catch escaped souls from Hell.

The down point right from the start was the Vessel in which he can trap the souls. In each episode he was given a different Vessel for each soul he was assigned. These Vessels ranged from a mini vacuum cleaner to a bird cage. It's neither impressive nor funny.





Forbidden Kingdom. Looks damn good, with the 2 kungfu megastars in its cast. Plot is nothing but crap, only necessary in order for all the fight scenes to make sense. Full of fights. In fact, I can only appreciate it for being so full of kungfu fights. There is really nothing else to talk about.





Tried playing Empires (HL2 mod). Fucking uncomfortable, but possible. Makes my left shoulder ache like hell every few minutes, and I have to pull my arm back to the normal sling position to rest. Trying to come up with alternatives. I think I shall have to use my PS1 games instead...



Baldur's Gate may be nice, but it's too hard. Sometimes I prefer games that I can enjoy without needing to plan for each battle an consider every action in each round.

No comments:

Post a Comment