Monday 11 February 2008

Rant 095 / Mercy On His Ribs




I'd say this year's Lunar New Year is better than the ones before, simply for the number of house visits I've had so far. 3 may be a small number for you, but I've been having merely 1 or 2 each year since I was 5.

The first 2 visits were quiet. The 10-11 of us didn't have much to talk about. We were from all 3 unis, coming from all sorts of courses, having nothing much in common but the fact that we were from the same class in Pri 6. Since I didn't have much to say, and the silence is rather awkward, I tried to ignore it by fishing out my phone and recording the process.

As an amateur cameraman, I must admit taking an interesting video is harder than it seems. I have to keep an eye out for where the interesting stuff is happening and find the right position to place myself.

With the presence of a few cute young ladies, it really was a waste that my camera's video resolution is really low. According to the phone's display, it is 176. I guess it means 1.76 megapixels. None of the faces are clearly displayed in the videos because of this. Seriously, the only thing I can really make out in the videos are JY's face and fl's long legs.

Because of fl's suggestion, I realize that I need to say something when the situation is quiet. A commentary. I did try it out in some situation, and I find it easier than Table Topics. I think I shall do it more from now on.

And in the last video, I made some gasping noise which really didn't come out too well in the recordings. Now Cal wants all the videos. I shall forever be embarrassed by this. I need to keep in mind never to make strange noises when the mic is on.

Oh f*ck it!



Next on the list is the NTU TMC BBQ. MOAR VEEDS!
Then... Charlie's housewarming party! MOAR N MOAR VEEDS!


Perhaps next time I should get a real camera. Wonder if that camera my mum bought for work has a video-record function. Or maybe I should ask Vic to bring his out for every outing.




Somehow I have lost interest in doing all tutorials. I am now lagging behind in Maths. Good thing I don't have Physics classes this sem, and all my electives don't have homework. Only subjects I need to worry about is Life Sciences and Material Science. Both are tough, at least for me.






Just finished watching Rush Hour 3. It was funny, but too short. I felt that everything just happened too suddenly, too quickly. The plot felt... condensed. But the humour was there.

Also just finished watching Dave's Pro At Cooking Episode 2. As usual, Dave was practically oozing ATTITUDE. And as usual, he sacked his pretty assistant halfway through the show. But this time, he also sacked the guest taster. LOL! "If you don't like it, you can go to hell!"




I think my roommate doesn't need to sleep. He merely lies on the bed for a few hours in order to wait for sunrise and then he dresses up for class. He seems to be able to save up all his fatigue for weekends, during which he sleeps all the way till 2pm, provided I'm not there to accidentally wake him up.




This June vacation may be more boring than the last! 2 very important guys are busy with projects during that very sacred period of the year! Projects! What blasphemy!





And it seems that Hx wants to stay in my house if we were to ever organize another overnight stay again. But it is true that my room is bigger. And my bed too. More work for me next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment