Tuesday 1 January 2008

Rant 085 / Confucian


It's a brand new year. The year 2008 promises to be a full dozen months of despair, broken promises, unnecessary stress and leaky condoms! But fear not - with those leaky condoms, all your other problems will be nothing compared to your pregnant girlfriend forcing you into a shotgun marriage you were never meant for!

Indeed, 2008 is one of the best years in the century, together with 2018, 2028, ...2088, 2098, according to the ancient Chinese scholarly research. There is evidence that in each year that contains the digit 8, someone must prosper. This theory has not been proven wrong so far, and is accepted as a inexplicably real phenomenon by most sociologists.

There are theories that suggest the digit 8 is linked to the Underworld, the realm of the Devil. As the Devil is the most evil of all beings - 80% in fact, it is the main source of all money. As the saying goes," Evil is the root of all money." Whether you square root or cube root money, you will always get 4/5 of the Devil.

Just like the chief export of Chuck Norris is Pain, the chief export of the Devil is Moolah. And if you're not evil, it probably means you have no Moolah. Without the cash for an abortion, despair, broken promises, unnecessary stress will all be integrated into the principal part of your life.

Of course, as an expert in shitty lives, I always have a solution for you:




I have no idea where the idea for the entire essay above came from. It just came into my mind as I typed the title.







I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2 again, but this time as a Favoured Soul, going for Stormlord. I find the game somewhat boring. Maybe it's because I haven't forgotten enough. Damn, I need a nicer game. SimCity Societies is quite boring too, coz it's really too easy, at least in the first 10mins I've played so far.

Maybe I should install Heroes V with both expansion, and play the campaigns. I think I was at dwarven campaign or something when I stopped. Oh well, I hope Starcraft 2 comes out in June, even though it seems highly unlikely.

Only game that is interesting is Natural Selection. Good ol' NS. Always there when all else fails. And now I get to pwn China nubs. Yay! They suck at comming, but after months of practice while I was away, their standards are improving. Most of them are actually aware that the Aliens need the 2nd hive in the first 6mins to win. What a huge difference from the retards I was embarrassed to play with half a year back.

And somehow many European players are playing in the US servers now. Some Singaporeans too, but I'm only aware of a few. These invaders seem to like lame maps like siege better than normal maps. Just like Aussies. At least it adds a little variety to the normal routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment