Sunday 9 February 2014

Rant 1189 / Reading About The Last Byzantine Emperors Is Like Reading A Series Of Tragedies

2nd Feb


Dieting!

Been trying out a milder version of my previous diet for a week and I don't like the result.

100g of pasta plus a generous serving of vegetable-filled gravy per day, no milk this time, jog/walk 5 times a week.

I've only lost half a kg (before passing motion today) this week.

So I must ramp it up more. No pasta from now on!

Instead, I shall try a vegetable-filled diet since it's more interesting.

According to some googling and calculations, an eggplant I can find in the market usually have about 60-90 calories (250-350g) while a small packet of 150g of shiitake mushroom only has 51 calories.

My aim is to have 200 calories per day at most plus 2 glasses of skimmed milk. The total will obviously be above 200 calories but should be less than 500 calories a day. As before, I aim to lose 1-3kg a week like this.

My current weight is 94kg and I have to stop at 70kg because eating normally will make me gain back about 5kg, and my target weight is 75kg.

If I lose 2kg a week, by the end of April (8 weeks from now) I will have lost 16kg and reaching 78kg. If all goes well, I will be done by the end of May.










9th Feb


Finally, a decent 100cal meal!



A can of tom yum broth - 76cal
a can of pacific clams - 132cal
a can of champignons - 28cal
a can of straw mushrooms - 62cal

total = 298cal

split into 3 and there are three 100cal meals!



Also found another great alternative - Marigold low-fat yogurt. They're all just 100cal a cup!












Managed to squeeze into a 35" business pants this week so I wore it to visit some people for the Chinese New Year. One of them could barely recognize me! Losing 18kgs is a lot I guess, though I can't tell since I see myself everyday.

The shirts were all borrowed from my bro though. I don't have any shirt that isn't baggy at the moment, but they were good enough. One of them, the Apollo 2 shirt from Ministry of Supply, had sleeves that were too long, but I really like the rest of the shirt, so I folded up the sleeves, and kept the collar button and the next button unbuttoned to match the sleeves.

Needed his belt too. All my belts are old and cracked, but they didn't used to be an issue since I never tuck in my polo shirts.














The Elder Scrolls Online MMORPG is unimpressive. It's just like most MMORPGs but in first-person view. Not buying even with the 25% discount on GMG.

No comments:

Post a Comment