Monday 4 June 2012

Rant 1003 / Need New Discounted Pants

I wonder what I said in the last rant that attracted the 28 pageviews within 24 hours. Most of my posts don't get this number of views this quick - even the thousandth only got 26 pageviews so far.

And pageviews only increase when people go to the link of that post specifically instead of reading it on the main blog page.

I honestly have never fully understood why people come here at all.

If it's because there are people who actually like to read about my work, be prepared to be disappointed.






















Was checking the laundry when I found a pair of pants belonging to my bro's gf. Nice material.

Asked him about it and fortunately for me, he had bought it for her so he could check the website for the material.

Turned out to be just cotton with a water-resistant plastic layer similar to what I have on all the jackets I sell.

So I went to the website and I have to admit it's got some pretty damn good selection. It was the first website where I could find pants my size and larger within the first 5 items I clicked on under the Men's Pants category.

They even state the inseam lengths available, which is not standard practice for me and the pants I sell.

That was pretty nice.

By the way it's JShoppers.com.

It's slightly inconvenient because the website seems to only allow prices to be displayed in JPY and GBP, but I have a currency converter website bookmarked anyway.

Prices aren't cheap, eg the cotton chinos pants I like with the same water-resistance costs almost S$50 each. Nonetheless I find these prices reasonable because Japanese goods are known for their consistent and reliable quality even though they're mostly China-made.

In addition, shipping and handling charges for my country add another 900JPY (S$15) for orders under 12kJPY (almost S$200).

TBH I can just buy 4 pairs but the problem is that I'm reluctant to buy regular-priced items.

This is a pretty hard decision for real.

Should I keep wearing these cargo pants (some of them with rather visible faded hem lines) or should I spend the extra $40 I can probably save by buying at the end of the year (if it turns out to be a 20% discount)?

I am tempted to buy but after some consideration I concluded that it's not necessary.

All my current buyers are already used to my appearance by now and I'm not planning to make cold calls this year. In my office, I want to maintain the appearance for very obvious reasons.

So I think I'll keep my money. Maybe at the end of the year I can get my bro's help.

If they restart their current referral campaign then, I'll get him to refer me and consolidate all our orders into whichever account allows the biggest discount.

If they don't, we'll just use his account.

In addition, we'll see what other promotions they have then and make adjustments to this plan depending on what surprises we find.






Cotton chinos pants, casual suede shoes, polo tees, I think my wardrobe is about to be completed within this year.

Just need some shorts for home use and shoe cleaning supplies.

I think I'll get those sweat shorts from JShopper together with the pants, unless I find cheaper alternatives. Stuff I wear at home don't need quality and therefore should be as cheap as I can find.

The suede brush and spray, I'll probably get it tomorrow at a random Bata store. Heard they sell those.






















Just got an email from Gilt about my shoes being shipped.

Holy crap! They're using DHL!

No wonder shipping cost US$20!

No comments:

Post a Comment