Monday 1 March 2010

Rant 503 / The Celebration Of Morbidity



"That's a potato!"













Just cleaned my monitor. This was probably the first time I cleaned it properly. Because the LCD monitor is very fragile, it's recommended that you use special cloths to wipe it. Since I don't remember buying any microfibre cloths, the best I could use was this really silky cloth that came with my glasses.

It did its job perfectly.

Cleaning the LCD monitor takes patience. No matter how persistent the stain is, you cannot rub it harder. After checking several guides, this is what I think I have to do:

1) Use lukewarm water with a little detergent in it.
2) Roll the cloth around a finger and wet the tip a bit.
3) Gently wipe the stains in a circular motion, not up and down.
4) If you see water collecting (instead of drying immediately) the cloth is too wet. Dry the area of the screen asap or you will get those water stains you often find on your windows.
5) If stain remains, just keep doing the circular motion gently till it vanishes. Do not scratch.

The reason why I did this was because I hit my toe on the desk's leg, causing me to exclaim and spraying spit all over the screen in the process. Plus there were a few tiny stains from when I splashed soup/gravy in the past. Hey, I'm only human.













Speaking of my monitor, here's my new desktop setup.


I've always wanted to use this wallpaper but couldn't fit it to my screen's resolution. It was either have 2 white borders on the sides or stretch the Cactuar horizontally. Now with this programme called Fences I can fill up the sides with the list of icons.















I didn't think chicken wings grow on the necks. And have beaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment