Thursday 31 July 2008

Rant 154 / OUTSIDE - THE NEW MMORPG


Read that Golgo 13 is a pretty good anime. Now getting some. Couldn't find any of its manga though, which is the medium that made it famous for 40 years. Damn.

Eureka Seven movie announced about 4 months ago. Since they are using a "different mythos" it probably means it's going to be a whole different universe, only thing is that they're going to have a boy and girl who look identical to Renton and Eureka. Don't know if I actually want that.

Was reading a thread on 4chan's travel board of some guy who wants to go backpacking and needs advice on which brand of tents to get. Suddenly I realize I know nothing about backpacking tents. Now that I've read about them, I still don't know how they're set up. Do I stick poles into the ground if I'm using a hoop tent? More questions.




Was testing out imeem.com to check out their tracks. It fucking sucks. Really, none of the tracks I wanted were from the albums. Almost all were remixes. In the end I logged out without trying to remember the password. Fuck it. Not going to add music player in the blog anymore.

Just watched 2 episodes of Golgo 13. Holy fuck! This guy is fucking godlike. Sniping a head inside a plane's cockpit at a distance of 2 click is fucking insane. Plus he was using a modified rifle with an extended barrel and larger cartridge. And the target was standing in between the 2 pilots and screaming at them. And he had a perfect headshot right in the center of the forehead. Keeps me from forgetting that animes aren't real.

Visited this Nihon Mura at the Cathay after watching Dark Knight. Good movie, followed by good food. The white mushroom wrapped with bacon and grilled on charcoal thing was good. The sushis were all at 99cents each, so it wasn't too bad. The miso soup made me realized how different it's supposed to be from those instant stuff I use all the time. Usually I don't order it but this time it just looked different. Even though it was rather expensive, it was worthed the prices.

And they have this High Tea Buffet from 1430 to 1730hr on weekdays. The price for students is $14.90++, includes 1 Juice of the day and free flow of soft drinks and tea. But only includes the sushis on the belt as the actual food. No desserts, no donburi and etc. Doesn't seem worth it. Their sushis are good but not as good as the other stuff. Worth the price only if someone wants to test his limits while eating somewhat good food. Not the best, but worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment