Wednesday 19 September 2007

Rant 075 / I Need A Bot That Programs Bots That Can Do My Tutorials

Time flies? Or is uni life much faster than what I'm use to?

1 month into the sem and tests are coming. At least they weren't hard.

Next week is the mid-term break. What break? This week is totally necessary for me to redo all those questions I didn't get right in my tutorials, and try to be far ahead of the tutors.







Spiderman 3 must be one of the worst movies I've ever watched. The story isn't great, the logic in many things are lacking, and coincidences are everywhere.

Like Advent's Children, this is clearly a movie meant for the fans, or rather, their purses. Back when I first saw the trailers, it seemed like such a great movie. Now that I've forgotten all those over-hyped scenes they had created for the advertisements, I find the movie a total bore.

A glaring example of the logical fallacies in this movie is that the guy who's made of sand, whatever his name was, didn't need to confront anyone. He didn't need to fight, or suffer fall injuries. All he had needed to do was turn to sand whenever he gets caught and slip away! He can be anywhere at anytime, and he didn't need to do anything by force.

Alright, enough of this criticizing. I'm not an expert in this sort of thing anyway.




Amazing how some of the thinner girls can eat a lot (or so they claim) and still look like war refugees. LOL I'm kidding. No one in Singapore can be that thin. Most girls, I'd say, are "acceptably thin". Recently I met another girl in one of my tutorial classes who's like that. She claims to eat more than other girls, but that isn't saying much. When I say that I can eat more than other guys, that's saying something.

I don't have the biggest appetite among all the people that I know though.

And even if I can eat so much, it doesn't imply that I always eat to that capacity. Maybe someday I should get her out to a buffet and see if she's as capable as she claims to be. I have my doubts, but I don't know if I'm wrong or right here.

How many good buffets do I know of anyway? Not many, and I tend to forget the less memorable ones.

For japanese buffets, I know this Suki Sushi at Cineleisure, which is pretty good, relative to the price. For 20+ bucks, which is low for a buffet, I can get a nice variety of food that is really worth the money.

For international buffets, I don't know of any cheap/affordable ones. I don't like international buffets, for some reasons I have yet to figure out. The best that I know of is Melt the World Cafe at Oriental Hotel. With a price of about 55-60+ per adult, the buffet spread can really open your eyes. But what is amazing isn't the main course, but the desserts. It is worthed the price, but the price is rarely worthed the occasion.

For Indian buffets, I remember this Annalakshmi chain that doesn't have a fixed price. I have only been to the buffet at Chinatown point, but the food is delicious, even if everything is vegetarian. The spread is small, with less than 10 types of curry, and not everything refilled continuously; some are just replaced with another type of food when the container is empty. They do have a rather large variety of drinks, and in fact, there are more drinks than food. Everything is worth the price, since the price is decided by you. You can pay as much/little as you wish, and that is their policy.

I haven't been to any Malay buffets. In fact, I don't know much about Malay cuisine, but it seems really underdeveloped to me. I've checked out the Wikipedia articles on various cuisines, like French and Cantonese, but the one on Malay cuisine is a disappointment. It includes a section on Indian food and Chinese food and several others, which are as large as the Malay section. Actually, the Chinese section is the largest of all.

So, this is not saying anything nice about Malay cuisine. What have they been doing all these centuries???

Well, the article on Singapore cuisine is just the same, but... doesn't Malaysia have a longer history as kingdoms/sultanates/cities than Singapore? Like, say, Kedah?

What have they been doing back then, instead of cooking up more fancy stuff?? I'm getting sick of Nasi Lemak, man!

I need to try more types of cuisines. My growth in this area is really stunted. Western cuisine at most places in Singapore is a joke, since everything European/American is fused together into one type of food. But then, I can probably say the same for Chinese food in Western countries, where Chinese food can only mean Cantonese food.

What is Taiwanese food? What is Burmese food? What is Cambodian food? What is Italian food? What is Spanish food? What is French food? What is distinctly unique about all these cuisines?

I need food.

No comments:

Post a Comment