Thursday 13 November 2014

Rant 1206 / Just Wow.

10 Nov

So my bro just got a computer from Googoo Custom Computers. Pretty cool. It's probably the first custom PC website in SG, so now we don't have to go to that terrible place known as Sim Lim Square anymore.

But my PC has no issue at the moment so I don't need their service. Looks good though.























Just agreed to go to Amsterdam on the first week of Feb 2015. Just one week. There is only a rough plan of visiting the city for 4 days and then probably Berlin for another 3.

Initially wanted a stopover at Berlin or Doha but realized the air fare won't be worth it. Instead, we'll take a train to Berlin, but we won't be booking it in advance. While looking for train tickets, we checked the various websites and got some low prices from some third party website, but the cheapest was not available when we tried to search on the website of the carrier itself.

At that point, a friend who was present last night but won't be going with us suggested that we should just buy the tickets there since it won't be peak season and it can be cheaper since we aren't booking early enough to get early bird discounts.

Later she told me that's partly to see if everyone was as easygoing as they claimed to be.

We decided that that was ok, and at worst we could just go somewhere else. Amsterdam is close to so many other interesting cities anyway.

And we'll be renting an apartment. Woot!

Looks like I'll be flying A LOT in the next several months.

12 Dec to 5 Jan: NZ
21 Jan to 27 Jan: Seoul
31 Jan to 9 Feb: Amsterdam + Berlin
18 Feb to 1 Mar: HK + ??? (Unconfirmed)

I really wish the ABTC will get approved soon so that I can use it for three of these trips.

Since the application date was in the middle of September, hopefully it will arrive in time for my NZ trip.






















Also bought an annual travel insurance policy from Liberty. Totally worth it now.





















11 Nov

Nothing on my shopping list despite the sales online.





















12 Nov

Bought nothing from the sales.


















Made some mistakes but it was fine later. I feel stupid though. Wrote a cheque to my corporate bank account and wrote the account of my personal account in the same bank on the back.




















Don't think I'll make it into my cousin's firm.



















No comments:

Post a Comment