Monday 22 September 2014

Rant 1203 / Another Lesson Learnt. The Hard Way.






























Just got the Prestige card and the Citigold status, and all the perks are so awesome.

1) Citigold Centres around the world are all lounges apparently, and I have free access to them. There should be free coffee but no wifi in SG.

2) Free one-way limo transfer for every $500 I spend on travel-related expenses, eg flight or hotel, but limited to four per year.

3) Free very basic travel insurance when I charge $500 for the same travel expenses.

4) Free ABTC (for access to the express "air-crew" lane through customs at 19 countries)

5) Lots of miles (1.4 miles per SGD local spend + 15% relationship bonus for first five years, 20% for next five years, 30% for 11th year onwards = 1.61, 1.68 and 1.82 miles per SGD local spend respectively)

6) Special Cathay Pacific rates (not that fantastic TBH)

7) Priority Pass giving me 4 free entries per year to airport lounges all over the world.









































This sucks. Really shouldn't hang out with any girl too often, regardless of whether I'm interested in her.

Learnt this the hard way. At least it wasn't too serious.

So I had a falling out with this girl I've been going with a lot. Purely platonic. She's still trying to get over her ex and I had no intention of going for a girl like her.

Stopped talking for a couple of days, but when I cooled down after 2 days, I noticed I was missing her. Ok, that wasn't too bad. Maybe I just miss having a companion who can hang out at weird hours during the day on weekdays.

But then I dreamt of her 2 nights in a row, and I don't dream about people.

Now I'm pretty sure I'm having some feelings for her, and told her rather brusquely to leave me alone when she tried to talk to me again. Of course I explained why and she agreed it was a good idea too. But she had to keep on talking and asking questions and doubting whether I'm handling it well, hence "brusquely".

Not surprisingly, she's blocked me again. Not sure if she's pissed or if she thinks she's doing me a favour (it actually didn't matter) but overall, this is inconsequential for the time being. The problem is that I'm wondering if I should cut off all contact with her, because we're still in one group chat on Whatsapp and she's kinda active in there.

I've already resigned from our mobile game that we were playing, but this last chat still reminds me of her. Moreover, I keep mentioning her in my conversations with others.

At least this is nowhere as bad as the last few girls I had some serious feelings for.

But shit, why does a girl like that have to be so sweet and smart? It really doesn't help that she's the sweetest girl I've ever met, albeit only when she's in her happy mood. And pretty. All the time.

Annoying annoying annoying. Even when this is over and we're back in contact again, if at all since she's blocked me again, I will not go out with her so often, nor with anyone else for that matter, unless I'm trying to date someone.

On the bright side, I'm back in contact with a girl I had made a mistake with earlier this year. She's attached now and we still don't have that much to talk about.

In addition, I'm back in contact with a few other guys and made a few new friends through online means. New method to replace my old one, since my old one wasn't working. The coming weekend is already full!

No comments:

Post a Comment