Sunday 13 July 2014

Rant 1199 / There Is Such A Thing As Too Much Balls.

07 July 2014

Ok, finally one legit success!

For once, I managed to ask a girl for her number IRL directly and not at a singles event. Oh yeah!

Cute but... she's a 3rd year uni student. I'm going younger and younger, not sure if this is even a good idea.

Regardless, YOLO!

New option if it turns out that I should move on. The current one, I'm going to wait till she returns to SG this month and try out a date or two. That's it.




















08 July 2014

So the fresh grad is turning out to be pretty rich. After all the hiding, she finally blurted out that her family has a maid before revealing that both her parents are bosses of their own companies. And now she's going to work in a bank.

This may get intimidating.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if we really click. She said she's chatty but these days, she rarely checks her phone. To me, that's a strong sign of a lack of interest in talking to me.


















Turns out that undergrad was a transguy, as in born female but pretty much male in all ways except physically. The only way I can date him is if I'm gay, since he's definitely going for treatment in the future.

Had an interesting chat though; they're so different from lesbians.

Tough life.

Ok, I am a little disappointed too - he was pretty interesting to talk to.























09 July 2014

Since the girl seems to be uninterested, time to continue to meet more girls.

Abandoning the use of Meetup.com as my main method but will still attend some. It's not bad, just not good enough. Too many older ladies, too few younger.

A rethink of my strategy is clearly required.

Discovered several options: volunteer work, foreign language course, clubbing, attending Diner en Blanc next year.

Removing clubbing from the list because despite what some clubber friends said, everything points to the fact that clubs are bad places to look for steads.

Volunteer work is a maybe because it is frowned upon, apparently, unless it's stated as a singles event.

Diner en Blanc is next year.

Remaining best possible option: attend a foreign language course.



Although it sucks that I've to do this all over again, I'm not exactly back to square one after all these months. Certainly, lessons have been learnt and friends were made who will make life easier for me in the future.























10 July 2014

Time to make a move. She's finally back in SG!


























11 July 2014

Thought she had blocked me yesterday when her "Last seen" status vanished after arriving in SG. Apologized at midnight about being busy so I'm just too sensitive.

Anyway, asking her out is going to be hard. Both of us are busy. Possible though.

I think something's wrong with the Whatsapp app. Maybe it's a sign that I should be using the new Lenovo phone I got a while back as my main phone.






















12 July 2014

So I can't ask her out because her mum's going to stay till next week. Her parents are very protective of their only daughter so I should worry about them.

















Interesting lesson last night. There were a number of hot girls but my cousin had advised a while back that in each gathering, a guy can only ask for the number of one girl, so I picked one... and I failed.

Just couldn't get the right opportunity except for that one short sliver of a moment when we said bye, during which I just couldn't muster the courage to do it in front of everyone.

Apparently, that was a good thing.

My dating coach advised that I cannot keep asking for numbers in every gathering, not without being subtle about it. Apparently, if word spreads, I will look like what they call a "tryer", not to mention insincere.

In contrast, another guy there said it was perfectly ok when I mentioned this advice to him on the train home. Then again, he's a few years older and still single while my dating coach is a girl and in a steady relationship. Both used to be players. It's obvious here who's words are worth more.

Tomorrow, I will be going for a dinner, but it will not be to get another number. Instead, it will be a practice session for interacting with the ladies, including the ones I will never be interested in.

In other words, no more numbers. I like this current one too much to risk it.




















It's crazy but the transguy just offered to introduce a nice girl to me. Not very good-looking but apparently she's good-natured and stuff. In a word, homely.

Nah, I'm already trying to date a better girl, and this new one is not attractive enough to worth risking that girl for.

It's worth noting because I've only known him for less than a week! Damn he's so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment